Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 08:28:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
716 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 716
Total: 716

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

It's always something - Wiring Pots to BU0836X

Started by usafgadget, November 21, 2010, 07:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaneb

Hey Chris,

Just hooked up a couple of pots to my BU0836X tonight.  I first attached the pots to the board, then plugged the usb cable into the computer. Checked to see if FSUIPC picked them up . . no pots  , then went into FSX to controls, settings, and calibrated the pots . . then went into FSUIPC assigned the axis and calibrated the axis in FSUIPC.    If you didn't calibrate in FS this may be the problem . . but if you did maybe a bad board. Hope you figure something out on your board

Shane
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

usafgadget

Looks like the next round is on me boys.

I only had a few minutes to test things out last night so I started from scratch and followed Neo and Shane's advice.  Needless to say I got a pot working on the RX axis :)  I'm nearly certain I had done those steps before but perhaps I convinced myself I had when I hadn't.

This long weekend I plan on testing the remaining axis and if all goes well, I'll be wiring up several switches into my wheeled pedestal unit.  I hope to have some details and pics.

Thanks again guys for your advice and suggestions.

As Fragged,

Chris
You can accelerate out of any problem.

shaneb

Hey Chris,

Glad you got that working . .     :idiot:
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

NeoMorph

Awesome Chris... nothing like getting something working after a problem to make you feel great.

BTW, rule of thumb when testing electronics (or even programming for that matter)... If it doesn't work start from scratch, make sure connections are good, test power points etc and then add bits one at a time. Test at each phase to find where it is going wrong...

Once all that faffing about is completed and the part still doesn't work you should now YELL AND SCREAM AT THE PROBLEM PART AND SAY THAT UNLESS IT STARTS WORKING IT WILL GET RECYCLED or various other threats that will worry the offending part. Show it a lump hammer and say that it will get pounded flat unless it starts working. Just don't go as far as "percussive maintenance" though (ie actually hitting it) as this can cause more problems. I still remember kicking a PC in frustration the once... managed a world record of 6 hard drive crashes at once. Mind you, Windows 98 first edition was enough to try a saint!

So yeah... threaten the offending part at high volume and it usually fixes it. Well it usually does it for me...  8)

Oh and missing out checks is something I have done often. Tried to fix this one computer for several hours as the online gaming was not working. Turned out the Internet connection had died even though all the lights were on on the router. Trying to fix the computer eventually broke it for when the net connection came back again. Typical huh ???
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

luisclement

Gents, this topic is easy to solve, the board only shows the pots once they have been connected first. Make the proper connection and then connect the board to the usb and voila all should work, check the calibration in windows and your axis willshow up.
Sorry quite late but only saw this now.
BR//Luis

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate