Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 02:12:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
725 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 725
Total: 725

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Is it a 737, is it an Airbus?

Started by Kennair, January 05, 2011, 05:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennair

No its a custom 777 CDU!  ;D

Just wanted to share my new pride and joy.  A truly custom 777 CDU in Boeing gray by none other than FDS.  When I asked Pete was it possible to supply a 777 CDU in gray instead of brown his reply was "anything is possible" and true to his word it arrived on my doorstep this morning.  This thing is sweet, as those that have one will certainly attest.  I have been lucky enough to have been using them extensively in our Flightcity 777 but this custom version just seems extra special.  Now to find the time to start building the damn home sim!

Ken.

Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

jskibo

Sweet looking CDU!

I have found FDS to really go above and beyond for thier customers!
Less than 4 years to retirement......

matta757

Can FDS CDU's be used with any software? Or do they have to be used with Project Magenta? I am doubtful of that I could get it to work, but I would love to buy a 747 CDU to use in my 757 since they are very similar. I just don't quite understand how the CDU setup works, if someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Matt

fdspcos

The PRO-MX CDU/MCDU product is designed to work via an "FDS APP/Interface Module".
We are currently set up to work with Sim-Avionics, Project Magenta and LevelD-767.
The key item is an SDK. We need to have an understanding of the communications for any new software packages we can "Talk" to.
Many people ask us about PMDG. Right now there is no SDK for the existing PMDG packages. There is promise of the next Gen version of PMDG 737NGX having an available SDK. This would allow us to create a DLL for our Module. I am hopeful.
Many of you can tell that the design of this device was multi-purpose, Flightdecks (pro or enthusiast) as well as Desktop Simulation.
Any new avionics package creator can use our docs to create a DLL in about 20 minutes. ProSim737 for example, door is wide open for this and we add the DLL into our download.
Thank you to Ken for the very kind words, JSkibo as well.
Its fun working with our Enthusiast friends. We are not positioned to work on every project but the ones we can we do with great interest.
FDS is working well in both PRO and Enthusiast Channels out here. They seem to work very well hand in hand around here!
PCos
FDS

matta757

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your prompt reply. It's nice to see you on this forum. Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is SDK? Your reply leaves me with a few hopeful glimmers that one day I might see an FDS CDU by my right knee...

Matt

jskibo

Less than 4 years to retirement......

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Ken,
I know exactly just how great this product is because the two units I ordered arrived on Christmas Eve and I have launched into rebuilding my sim. I have made two new control columns using my new 'generic' column elbows and yoke bases, I can now testify first hand to their excellent operation! Now that I have the FDS FMCs I can make a start on the new console, TQ, overhead etc, etc ,etc,
Hey Ken, when are you coming up to see the new Aerosim workshop? The beer is cold and the air conditioning is sweet! BTW your yoke handles are due in the post any day now, Roberto sent them to me last week!
PC - great to see your input here - cheers mate!

Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Kennair

Hi Matt, as John alluded to SDK stands for Software Development Kit and as the name implies its the guts of any software that some developer release if they are willing and it allows other programmers to develop and modify their own addon software to work with it.  In the case of the FDS CDU the opportunity exists for other hardware designers to write code that easily interfaces with the FDS hardware.  Of course many software developers prefer or find it necessary for whatever reason to protect their intellectual property by not releasing an SDK.

Gwyn, can't wait to share a beer in your new shed, just been flat out over Christmas and now have a dog in surgery after blowing a cruciate ligament!  Happy 2011 I say!  :-[  But put aside a couple of your yoke elbows and bases for me, gonna need them with new yokes!

Cheers,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate