Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 12:44:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
743 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 743
Total: 743

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Psone FFC extension

Started by Garys, January 06, 2011, 03:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garys

Has anyone done the FFC extension mod to a psone lcd?  Im looking for the longer FFC  but have come across a lot of dead links on my search. Any help would be great.

Gary

Bob Reed

From what I remember the mod was a waste of time the monitor gets as good, or a better picture with composite in. But, do a search over at FDS someone over there documented the procedure.

Garys

Hi Bob, Thanks for your reply. The Mod that im looking to do isnt the vga mod. Its the FFC cable extension mod so that I can move the pcb board  directly off the back of the lcd screen. Currently the FFC cable is probably less than an inch long. I know that guys where buying a 12" extension sometime ago.
Thanks
Gary

autocadplease

Grant D.
Nelson, B.C.
FSX PM Boeing TH2Go

fordgt40

Gary

I too am looking for a FFC extension, so that I can fit the psone screen behind my MIP for the chronometer function.

I have found the following link, but do not recall how many "ways" there are on the  psone ffc

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=browseSubRange&Ne=4294953839&N=4294934792&productNum=4589096

David

Garys

Thanks Grant, I will have a look through those sites.

David thanks for the link.  30 way .5 pitch is what I can gather. This mod was popular with the diy projector crowd quite a few years ago but most of the links that Im coming across arent working anymore. I will definately be able to spend more time looking on the weekend. Great to have someone else looking for this at the same time. Hopefully between the two of us we can get this done. Im looking to use this in one of my fmc's as for whatever reason the monitor doesnt work anymore. Thats one of the problems with using real parts I guess.

Gary

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate