Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 05:19:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
722 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 741
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 722
Total: 723

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Blue Sky Driver and the B737 Simulator

Started by blueskydriver, January 31, 2011, 08:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Blue Sky Drivers
B737 PROJECT

The B737 Cockpit Project: A family and friends project to convert a retired B737 Cockpit Section into a working B737NG FBT Simulator (for hobby use only). This project began on November 10, 2006 after acquiring the cockpit section of a former United Airlines B727 (this is correct, it was a B727 previously) from a Jet Blue Airlines pilot and his wife, who lived in Phoenix, Arizona. (tail number N7459UA, now known as NWA1381)

It was dismantled and cut from the fuselage by a boneyard facility (source name currently unknown), and thereby transported to its current location. It has since been stripped of any remaining wiring or insulation, cleaned, painted and readied for use inside an area called "The Hangar" (formally used as a vehicle garage). The project has been on-going since the cockpit was relocated.

Documentation on this project is forthcoming; however, it will only be of the relocation event and the subsequent preparations for use within the hangar. Later, there will be considerable details as to current stage the project is in.

Eventually, a website concerning this B737 project and the B727 project will soon be online. Albeit, there is no intention too maintain the site as a source of professional building information, but you will be able to ascertain enough data to help you with your own personal project, should you pursue a dream to complete a working B727 or B737 Simulator (or both).

Finally, since this is a hobby project, there are no timelines, nor requirements to meet for it to be used by the public in a private or professional (commercial) environment. Therefore, the possibilities of the project being delayed or information concerning such could be intermittent or few between updates.

Thank you,

Blue Sky Drivers

You will find some of the initial photos regarding the B737 Cockpit attached below.
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Post 2

More from the BSD B737 Project...

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Post 3

More from the BSD B737 Project...

XOrionFE

Wow, that is a nice setup you have going.    Very nicely done.

Scott

jskibo

Less than 4 years to retirement......

jetpilot

MLeavy737

Thats awesome! I lov the real shell stuff! hope to do that someday with somthing.

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

blueskydriver

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kudos. Plan to post more as there are a lot of photos from doing this entire project. Likely, you've noticed FDS products being used, but there a lot of other things (products) going on that are not seen. Plan to document those items as well...

Thanks again,

BSD

blueskydriver

Here are more photos of the B737 project. You'll notice the leader of the team doing the drywall mudding...by the way she is the wife. Yes! The WIFE!!!

Oh sorry about her being in PJ's; it was either those or her naked! Preferred the latter, but she refused...

blueskydriver

blueskydriver

Oh, she says there better be a photo or two with her wearing something other than PJ's. So, here they are. Something respectful... the third is her working on the sim platform carpeting and the fourth is her favorite past time "Chainsawing"!

Efe

Quote from: blueskydriver on February 04, 2011, 07:50:37 PMthe third is her working on the sim platform carpeting and the fourth is her favorite past time "Chainsawing"!

Do not, I repeat, do not get her mad...  :o

blueskydriver

That is why I posted the respectful pics. She is damn good with that chainsaw, and that is only her small one. Her biggest is a 20inch Commerical Cadet with a chiseled chain... I would not want my...uh,...wood cut... if she did get mad at me.

NeoMorph

Memory foam seat cushions I see... loads better than sheepskin. I'm going to get me something similar because every time I get up after flying I end up flat on the floor as my legs have gone to sleep.

Lovely looking setup BSD... Impressive!
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

blueskydriver

Thank you.

The seat foam has since been covered with fabric (wife did it) and they are very comfortable. You can sit on these for a good long while...

NeoMorph

I tend to have to spend a lot of time in bed during the winter due to my disability and I was told to get a good memory foam bed. Best darn thing I ever bought. The mix of high density foam base and a thick memory foam top means it doesn't constrict blood flow.

I'm definitely going to make sure my chair is 100% comfortable because I can see myself using the sim a lot. Memory foam is going to be a lifesaver because of that.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate