Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 06:24:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
705 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 705
Total: 705

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FS2004 landing sound delay with ButtKicker / undocked window sound problem

Started by Vectro, April 23, 2011, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vectro

Hi,
I'm not sure have you had this kind of problem, but when using ButtKicker shaker you can 'feel' the landing thump when gears hit the ground. The problem is that at least in FS2004 there is appr. 1-2 second delay in this sound. Could this sound file be modified somehow or is there any other way to make this sound file to play in the right timing with the actual landing time?

I our Cessna sim we use multiple undocked views like virtual cockpit (main view) and also undocked outside spotplane view. From some reason FS2004 sets this outside spotplane view as a default sound source and instead of cockpit engine sound there's always outside engine sounds active when FS2004 is loaded.

I have tried to click the VC cockpit window active. This helps and the cockpit sound can be heard normally again. The saving doesn't help and once the game is relaunched the problem remains.

Could I somehow set from FS2004 setting which window is the main/active undocked window?

Maurice

Quote from: Vectro on April 23, 2011, 09:00:49 PM

I have tried to click the VC cockpit window active. This helps and the cockpit sound can be heard normally again. The saving doesn't help and once the game is relaunched the problem remains.

Could I somehow set from FS2004 setting which window is the main/active undocked window?

I don't know for sure whether this will be the same for FS9, but in FSX you can set the active window in the .FLT file. Here is an example:
[Window.1]
Order=0
Active=True
Undocked=False
Maximized=True

Depending on your setup, you can set which window is the default active window but make sure that the proper window is the only window that is marked active. If you click on some other window during the flight, that window will now become the active one, so you would have to click again on the VC cockpit to make it active again.

If you want to make sure any new flights that are created are setup properly, then modify the default.flt file. But as I said, this works for FSX and FS9 might be different although I'm sure there should be a similar way of doing this in FS9.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you save a flight, it will also save the active window whatever that window happens to be. So if the outside view was the active window, it will come back as the active window. So the easiest way to modify the default flight (or any other flight) so that the right active window shows up is to click on that window and immediately save that flight without clicking on any other windows.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Vectro

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate