Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 08:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
725 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 738
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 725
Total: 725

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

OpenCockpits 737 Flap Gauge Problems

Started by bussgarfield, June 19, 2011, 08:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordgt40

Gary

Keep at it! At least we now kbow that SIOC is talking to FSx and that the flaps file is being compiled even though SIOC is not saying so!
As someone once said if you eliminate all other possibilities, whatever remains, however unlikely, must be the answer. So try this file and name it  sioc.ssi and replace the other file. This file works fine on my machine - the outputs will not work but that is still not an issue.

Though, I still do not understand why the flaps_fsuipc variable is not changing value when you alter the flap position - btw hoe are you changing the flap position via FSX F6 or F7 ?

David

Var 0095, name LE_EXT_LED, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 41

Var 0096, name LE_TRANS_LED, Link IOCARD_OUT, Output 39

Var 0099, name FLAPS_IN, Link FSUIPC_INOUT, Offset $0BE0, Length 4
{
L0 = &FLAPS_IN
L0 = ABS L0
L2 = L0
IF L0 < 10
{
&LE_EXT_LED = 0
&LE_TRANS_LED = 0
}
C0 = L0 >= 10
C1 = L0 <= 408
IF C0 AND C1
{
&LE_TRANS_LED = 1
&LE_EXT_LED = 0
}
IF L0 > 408
{
C0 = L0 > 2049
C1 = L0 < 4095
IF C0 AND C1
{
&LE_TRANS_LED = 1
&LE_EXT_LED = 0
}
ELSE
{
&LE_TRANS_LED = 0
&LE_EXT_LED = 1
}
}
C0 = L0 >= 0
C1 = L0 <= 409
IF C0 AND C1
{
&x1 = 0 // between 0 and 1
&x2 = 409
&y1 = 1023
&y2 = 950
}
C0 = L0 >= 409
C1 = L0 <= 819
IF C0 AND C1
{
&x1 = 409
&x2 = 819
&y1 = 950
&y2 = 760 // between 1 and 2
}
C0 = L0 >= 819
C1 = L0 <= 2047
IF C0 AND C1
{
&x1 = 819
&x2 = 2047
&y1 = 760
&y2 = 650 // between 2 and 5
}
C0 = L0 >= 2047
C1 = L0 <= 4095
IF C0 AND C1
{
&x1 = 2047
&x2 = 4095
&y1 = 650
&y2 = 500 // between 5 and 10
}
C0 = L0 >= 4095
C1 = L0 <= 6143
IF C0 AND C1
{
&x1 = 4095
&x2 = 6143
&y1 = 500
&y2 = 400 // between 10 and 15
}
C0 = L0 >= 6143
C1 = L0 <= 10239
IF C0 AND C1
{
&x1 = 6143
&x2 = 10239
&y1 = 400
&y2 = 300 // between 15 and 25
}
C0 = L0 >= 10239
C1 = L0 <= 12287
IF C0 AND C1
{
&x1 = 10239
&x2 = 12287
&y1 = 300
&y2 = 220 // between 25 and 30
}
C0 = L0 >= 12287
C1 = L0 <= 16383
IF C0 AND C1
{
&x1 = 12287
&x2 = 16383
&y1 = 220
&y2 = 179 // between 30 and 40
}
&dy21 = &y2 - &y1
&dx21 = &x2 - &x1
&dx = L0 - &x1
&dy = &dy21 * &dx
&dy = &dy / &dx21
L1 = &y1 + &dy
&FLAPSERVO = L1
}

Var 0086, name dy

Var 0087, name dx21

Var 0088, name dy21

Var 0089, name dx

Var 0090, name x1

Var 0091, name x2

Var 0092, name y1

Var 0093, name y2

var 0022, name FLAPSERVO, Link USB_SERVOS, Output 1, POSL 177, POSC 512, POSR 1024

jackpilot

Following "avidly" the flaps saga...   :P

For the pool, no sweat, all Canadians here will get together and Fedex an Iceberg

Jack

fordgt40

Gary

I have just loaded your original flaps file into my machine. Run SIOC and entered IOCPconsole. When I press F6 or F7 the majority of the variables change value as they should. Thinking again now :)

David

fordgt40

Gary

Been doing some more testing by setting up sioc and your prog on my fsx machine so there is no network - which matches your setup. When I press F6 or F7 the value of flaps_fsuioc does change, however, it can rarely be seen since you cannot have both FSX and IOCPConsole windows active at the same time. You need to make a note of the value, change the flaps and reread the value again. Could you check this.

So we now turn to your servo card and ask which port do you have your lead plugged into - it is output 1?
Sorry to doubt but we are into questioning everything now :)

David

iwik

David,
You can have both windows active, to see what is changing. Just checked on my machine.
Make sure that fSX window is the one active.
Les

fordgt40

Les

Of course your right - I had not minimised the fsx screen enough :-[

David

iwik

David,
Hope i didnt come across as sharp with my statement. as just trying to be helpful. I know how useful the iocp console can be when trouble shooting. Many times ive had to have fsx and
the console side by side to see what was happening.

Gary,
Try and understand whats is happening in the IOCP Console as it is  a very useful tool when
developing and testing code for SIOC.
Les

fordgt40

Quote from: iwik on June 21, 2011, 10:43:18 PM
David,
Hope i didnt come across as sharp with my statement. as just trying to be helpful.

Les, not at all - no probs :)  As you say the IOCP console will help a lot. I am still concerned about why the file is not being shown as compiled.

Gary, we are  desperately seeking the golden nugget still, what version of SIOC are you using?

David

bussgarfield

David/Les.

Sorry, I checked the forum earlier this morning and left my self logged on. I haven't been ignoring you but I needed to get some more courses of bricks laid on my workshop before it got too hot - as it is now.

To answer an earlier question, I normally use a switch on my yoke to operate the flaps but because of the issues I'm having, I have also been trying with F6 and F7.

I have just sat down with a cold glass of water and will turn on the FSX machine shortly and get back to you with the further details you requested.

I take it from what you said earlier David that I should not load on the script you sent just yet?

I really do appreciate your efforts guys. I have read many threads on this forum regarding SIOC and it does appear to be a bit of a handful to get your head around it.

Be back soon.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

fordgt40

Hi Gary

No worries, I have a sim to complete as well, so your silence was not a problem :)

I would not load a new script yet, as there seems to be a fundamental problem elswhere as I have run your script without a problem on two computers, one networked and the other standalone. The key exercise is to run your script with both iocpconsole and fsx windows open (thanks Les!) and to see if the flaps_fsuipc and other variables change value when F6/F7 are pressed. You may if you wish reinsert that .ini line  "deviceUSB=2132" , though I have never used it with USBservo cards.

David

Edit

"To answer an earlier question, I normally use a switch on my yoke to operate the flaps but because of the issues I'm having, I have also been trying with F6 and F7. "

You do not still have the flaps command assigned to the yoke switch within FSX do you, ie the flaps on the fsx screen do move when you press F6/7 or your yoke switch :)

bussgarfield

Good afternoon David.

You have my full attention again - but I must fit in my Spanish home work sometime today !!!!!

Right.

Sioc is version 3.7B1

The servo lead is plugged into number 1 output on the servo card.

I can now for some reason get the Var 2 value to change in IOCPConsole whether using F6/F7 or the switch on the yoke. In fact, which ever Var number I select, they all now change values. Perhaps the overnight rest did it some good !!!

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

bussgarfield

BINGO

David/Les.

It is working.

For your info, all I did was re-insert 'device=USB2132' again directly underneath 'USBservos=0,57' in the .ini folder in Sioc.

I can now install the gauge into it's proper place instead of having it and the card on top of the glareshield.

Thank you so much for your assistance both of you.

Kindest regards

Gary
Gary Buss

bussgarfield

Methinks the Spanish homework and the green pool can take a back seat for a while, I am just going to have to have a fly to try it out once I have put the gauge back into the panel.

I would be interested for your feed back on what happened because for the life of me, I have no idea - unless it was just a case of re-inserting the device number again.

Gary
Gary Buss

bussgarfield

Celebrations were short lived I am afraid.

Yes the flaps gauge still works but -- I cannot use the flaps gauge and MCP at the same time.

I open up the SIOC window for the flaps gauge and all is ok.
If I open up the SIOC window for the MCP, I get the message - 'Could not bind socket. Address and port are already in use'.

If I close both SIOC windows and open the MCP SIOC window on it's own, it works ok but with the MCP window open I get the same message 'Could not bind socket. Address and port are already in use' when I try to open the SIOC window for the flaps gauge.

There is obviously a conflict somewhere. I will have a look but wondered if you could shed some light on this first before I start to tinker.

Gary
Gary Buss

fordgt40

Gary

Great news indeed. It is difficult to know exactly what solved it - there were too many variables at play here and no real reference point other than it would not work. All I know is that I have never needed that extra .ini line, but  who cares now :)

Does the servo move to the correct positions or is it still reveresed. If the latter I can give you some code to correct that

Well done

David

bussgarfield

David I think we both posted at the same time as you have not commented on the conflict I seem to have.

Yes the gauge moves correctly.

Gary
Gary Buss

fordgt40

Gary

That is because you cannot run two instances of sioc on the same machine. You have two options:-

1) Install sioc and wideFS on the other network machine and run your flaps script from there

2) Combine your MCP script and Flaps script into one. You can do this by cutting and pasting one into the other, however, you must check that you do not have the same var numbers  ie duplicated. Alternatively, you can get sioc to do this for you - it is too difficult to explain here but see this link

http://www.lekseecon.nl/configsioc.html#multiplefiles

David

bussgarfield

Thanks David.

I will have a look.

Gary
Gary Buss

fordgt40

Gary

This help function goes off line late tonight as I am off in the moring to La Coruna for a wedding  till Sunday evening - will wave to you from NW Spain  :)

Good luck

David

bussgarfield

Cheers mate.

Enjoy your long weekend. To quote a well known bloke on here, 'the beers in the fridge' if you ever find yourself down Alicante way.

Gary
Gary Buss

iwik

Gary,
Great news and well done. Davids input is valuable, anyone like that is worth his weightin gold.
Thanks David for your willingness to help all.
Gary, combining your scripts into one is quite easy,just follow the link David gave you. I had to do it a week or so back and all worked fine first time.
Like david said i to have never added the line Device=  only used what was default for the .ini file. But who cares as long as it works.
Now enjoy your added hardware.
Les

bussgarfield

Cheers Les.

Now thinking back, I was wondering to myself, - as habit, before starting FSX, I open up the SIOC windows for the MCP, EFIS and radios. If, as David suggests, Sioc will only allow one .ssi file at a time, then was this why the flaps gauge wasn't working in the first place. I did try initially just opening the flaps gauge on it's own but that was before we did any alterations to the .ini file.
So I think to myself why then does the MCP work with EFIS, Comm, Nav and TCAS with no problems ?
Is it perhaps that these are plug and play devices and will work together where as the Servo card/flaps gauge has to be programmed.

The plot thickens but I will let you know how I get on - after my Spanish lesson - when I will be free to have another play.

Thank you for your advice and encouragement also.
You are right, Davids willingness to help is brilliant just like others on here, which is why I spend so much time reading the threads.

I am sure the good lady thinks I am looking at things I shouldn't whilst spending so much time on the computer - or perhaps in her eyes I am !!!!!!

I will venture into the 'group run' in the SIOC config tomorrow and see how I get on.

Gary
Gary Buss

fordgt40

Quote from: bussgarfield on June 22, 2011, 10:57:16 AMSo I think to myself why then does the MCP work with EFIS, Comm, Nav and TCAS with no problems ?
Is it perhaps that these are plug and play devices and will work together where as the Servo card/flaps gauge has to be programmed.

I do not know the answer to that, as I have no stand alone OC other than a MCP and have not tried to run them together. However, I have had your error message many times - always when running another version of SIOC having forgotten that one was already running. There may be another fix, but that is beyond my knowledge.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I`m just paying back the help received in the past - notably the guy with beer in his fridge :)

fordgt40

Gary

Something was niggling at the back of my mind and I checked the OC site. Good news, you can run two scripts on the same machine provided the ports are different. See this link, found by a search on "run two sioc". There may be better answers with more info

http://www.opencockpits.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forums&file=viewtopic&topic=4724&forum=13

That is probably how they get around running multiple modules

David

bussgarfield

Thanks David - you are a diamond geezer.

I will let you know how I get on.

Enjoy the wedding.

Gary
Gary Buss

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate