Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 06:19:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
715 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 741
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 715
Total: 715

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

OpenCockpits 737 Flap Gauge Problems

Started by bussgarfield, June 19, 2011, 08:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bussgarfield

Hi all, and David (did you enjoy the wedding?)

I must be missing something here as I have tried to change the number of the port but cannot find the place to do this.

I left a message on the OpenCockpit forums asking for help on the 26th but like many of the questions on the forum, I had no replies.

Would one of you good fellows point me in the right direction please.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

fordgt40

Hi Gary

Great  wedding, finished at 6am :)

I have never tried changing ports, but logic tells me that the answer lies in the sioc.ini file. I would install a second version of sioc to a completely different directory. Then change the sioc.ini line IOCP_port=8092 to a different value on your second version of sioc.

Tell me how you get on

Regards

David

bussgarfield

Hi David.

Sorry for not replying sooner but I haven't been on the flight sim computer for a few days.

Before I install a second version of sioc, I have a couple of questions in relation to ports and their values.

Before I start, I do know that I have some house keeping to do as I seem to have sioc bits and pieces all over the place, some in my documents and some in the IOcards folder.

I have installed on my system the following OC products,
MCP - port 8092
EFIS - port 8095
Radio COM, Radio NAV and Transpoder - all working from port 8090
CDU - port 8095 - not running yet as only using default 737 but will probably conflict with EFIS
USB Servo card - port 8092 - conflicting with MCP.

First question I have is this. Do I really need to have a second version of sioc installed as this will surely only give me more conflict issues.

Second question. Where will I find a list of available ports that I can use because I am blowed if I can find them.

On the sioc windows I have shown <IOCP> Client Module #0 and <IOCP> Client Module #1.
#0 is shown as port 8090 and the status is active- Not connected and #1 is port 8099 with a status of disabled. I have enabled both ports in the sioc ini file by changing the 'disable=Yes to disable=No -  but nothing has changed.

In any case, this would suggest that I certainly have the option of using ports 8090 - 8099 if only I could locate them.

I hope this makes sense - I am learning more as I go along but I certainly need a gentle hand to guide me at the moment.

If I really need to, I will install another sioc programme but I just have reservations about that at the moment when all devices should surely be running of the same programme.

Still no replies on the OC forums by the way to my question about ports either.

Glad the wedding was a succes and you were able to get an early night !!

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

fordgt40

Gary

I am no expert in this operation or indeed OC modules.

Before I try to answer your questions, could you please tell me what software you have to run to enable the MCP, EFIS, Radios and CDU. Also did you have to configure anything, if so , what?

I ask because your sioc.ini file makes no reference to this hardware

Edit [ where does this software reside directory and drive - ditto your flaps version of sioc ]

Over three nights the earliest to bed was 2.30am :(

Regards

David

bussgarfield

David,

2.30am seems reasonable to me but I think I would have to draw the line after a couple of nights (not getting any younger).

Back to this sioc thingy -

When I installed the MCP,EFIS and Radios, if I recall, all I did was to install sioc and then select the approprite script, which had been downloaded from OC's and copy the ssi. file into sioc. To get bthe modules to run, on start up (before starting FSX) I double click on the sioc short cuts which I duplicated from the sioc file and put onto my desk top for ease of use.

Actual software that I have associated with sioc is a registered version of FSUIPC. That is all I have done. Up until the conflict with the flaps gauge, everything was fine.
Whether I have actually installed the sioc software correctly, I don't know - the computer did that for me.

All of the ssi. files are in the sioc folder in any case.

Everything is on the 'C' drive and under Programme Files (X86)/Microsoft games/MSFSX.

I am wondering, would you advise deleting all sioc related files and starting again. The problem I have is that I download onto this computer and then save to memory stick and transfer over to the FS computer. That is why I seem to have things in different places - ie documents folder etc.

I am running Vista by the way.

Gary
Gary Buss

fordgt40

Gary

Do you have one script for all your OC modules?
Is there not a different sioc.ini file for these modules ie to tell sioc to load the module scripts?

Coming back to your earlier questions, I do not see how you can have two sioc.exe programmes within the same directory - how will they know which sioc.ini file to load? How can you differenciate between the ports with only one sioc.ini file?

Unless someone else with more knowledge can chip in here, I still see that there are only two options - amalgamate your flaps script into an exisiting one, but I still do not understand where the modules sioc.ini file resides, as you will need to amend it to declare your servo hardware!

Or

Simply install another copy of sioc into a totally different directory and use the .ini file that drives the flap programme. There is nothing complicated about this. However, you need to change the port no line I gave you earlier (IOCP_port=xxxx), NOT the ones you have just changed  ;D I have no idea which port number to use - just try a number that looks free. You should reverse the port changes you made earlier

I am still in the dark about what files you are using to run your modules, hence the above is the best I can suggest at present.

Regards

David

bussgarfield

Thanks David.

I will have a look at what you suggested tomorrow. It makes sense that all the modules should be in the same script, which they obviosly aren't - and I don't know why.

I had a look at the COMM/NAV/ and TCAS script and as it is provided, they are all covered in that same script but you have to activate the individual modules you need - simple.

I will save what I have in the ini.file so I can always revert back and then try to create a whole new script to incorporate the MCP/FLAPS/EFIS and CDU.

I will let you know how I get on - I do appreciate your time on this.

Gary
Gary Buss

fordgt40

Gary

Happy to try to help, though my knowledge of OC modules is zero!

Off down the pub and then Indian takeaway

Regards

David

bussgarfield

Nice. I do miss a good Indian take away.

Enjoy.

Gary
Gary Buss

jackpilot

Quote from: bussgarfield on July 02, 2011, 11:01:05 AM
Nice. I do miss a good Indian take away.
Gary

So I assume you have the Pub!!  :laugh:

Jack

iwik

David/Gary,
I had a look at the sioc.ini file for sioc 3.7b1 which is supposed to support their modules and it seems to imply that the TYPE number defines their modules, a different one for each module they do. So may be this is how they get all running together without conflict.
Gary,
I would just use Config_sioc.exe to combine your flaps Txt code with the rest, very quick and easy.
Nico has it explained on his site.
Les

bussgarfield

Jack,

We have bars over here - pubs are for the tourists on the coastal areas - the only Indian/take away in town was so cr_p it closed. The Chinese restaurants are to be recommended though.
For bars also read good food and tapas.

Hi Les.

Thanks for the info - very useful and I will have a look at Nico's site.

Gary
Gary Buss

fordgt40

Les

I agree about the "Type" function for "modules" but have not yet seen a sioc.ini file that is properly configured for the modules. As you say, I think Gary needs to find that file and then combine his scripts and add the usbservo h/w entry into that sioc.ini file

Now back to the beer and then the curry :)

Regards

David

mikeh

Gary,
I am an OC aficianado and recently did a flaps gauge software insert for another collegue on the VA i belong to (flyUK). anyway - am more than happy to help - I am using OC  (several scripts on several machines) and indeed joining with gauge composer on IOCP at the same time
best way is prob using teamviewer ( free Helpdesk software) so i can see your machine and something like teamspeak or windows live messengert for the speech channel
am avail most early eveings (uk) - let me know if i can help
Mike
ATR72 build project

bussgarfield

Thanks Mike.

I am just about to turn the flight sim machine on and have a look at amalgamating some scripts and seeing how I can get on from there.

I will see how I get on after saving my originals first.

I do not normally use the flight sim machine on the internet but it set up to go once I switch my dongle over from this one so I will have a look at downloading teamviewer/teamspeak.

I may well be getting back to you.

Cheers
Gary
Gary Buss

bussgarfield

I have been busy getting frustrated this afternoon.

I have managed to create a multiple .ssi file which incorporates the EFIS, MCP and Flaps Gauge scripts, which I saved as mcpefisflaps.ssi, just to distinguish it from any other .ssi files. I then inserted 'mcpefisflaps.ssi' into the sioc.ini file next to the configure-sioc and I have still got nowhere.

Mike, I will send you a PM to arrange a 'meeting' with you via teamspeak/teamview as I have now got them on the FS computer and perhaps you can crawl your way through what appears to be a spiders web of files within SIOC and see if you can point me in the right direction.

This little/major issue of mine will be cracked - by hook or by crook. I haven't flown for nearly 2 weeks and the withdrawal symptoms are driving me to drink - without the curry !!!!

Cheers
Gary
Gary Buss

fordgt40

Gary

Please post your sioc.ini file that you are using

Regards

David

bussgarfield

Hi David - how was the take-away?

Below is my 'current' sioc.ini file with the latest mods.

Gary

[ fichero de configuracion para el SIOC ver. 3.7 ]
[ Configuration file for SIOC ]

[************** SIOC ***************]

[ Puerto del servidor IOCP ]
[ IOCP port ]
IOCP_port=8092

[ Tiempo de respuesta máximo de los paquetes IOCP ]
[ IOCP Timeout ]
IOCP_timeout=4000

[ Arranque minimizado en la barra ]
[ Start minimized in tray ]
Minimized=No

[ Retraso necesario para las variables toggles (Project Magenta)]
[ Deley needed for var. toggles (Project Magenta) ]
toggle_delay=20

[ Fichero de configuracion ]
[ Configuration File ]

CONFIG_FILE=mcpefisflaps.ssi

[************** IOCARDS MODULE ***************]

[ Desactivar el módulo de las IOCards ]
[ Disable IOCards module ]
IOCard_disable=No

[ Usar puerto LPT en las IOCards ]
[ Use LPT port in IOCards ]
IOCard_LPT=No

[------------- CARDS CONFIG -------------]

[ IOCard Master ]
[...............]

[ Spanish : ]

[ MASTER=(Indice device),(Tipo),(Número de tarjetas),(Número device) ]

[ Indice Device: Índice usado en la variable SIOC como device, para indicar a que tarjeta se hace referencia ]
[ Se usa 0 en el caso de que sólo haya una tarjeta y no se tenga en cuenta el número de device, por defecto un script en SIOC cuando no se pone parámetro DEVICE, se hace referencia al índice 0]

[ tipo = 0 : Emulador de Master Card ]
[ tipo = 1 : Tarjeta Master conectada al puerto paralelo directamente ]
[ tipo = 2 : Tarjeta Master conectada al puerto paralelo mediante cable de compatibilidad ]
[ tipo = 3 : Placa de expansión por puerto paralelo ]
[ tipo = 4 : Tarjeta USBExpansion usada ]
[ tipo = 5 : Modulo MCP de Opencockpits ]
[ tipo = 6 : Tarjeta USBOutputs ]
[ tipo = 7 : Modulo EFIS de Opencockpits ]
[ tipo = 8 : Modulo Radio COM de Opencockpits ]
[ tipo = 9 : Modulo Radio NAV de Opencockpits ]
[ tipo = 10 : Modulo Radio ADF de Opencockpits ]
[ tipo = 11 : Modulo Radio ATC de Opencockpits ]

[ Número de tarjetas = Número de placas Master usadas, 1 a 4 para uso de placas de expansión, 1 para conexión de placa Master directa o del Emulador ]

[ Número de device = 0 en el caso del Emulador o primera tarjeta USB detectada, Dirección del puerto paralelo (por ejemplo $0378), o número de dispositivo USB ]

[ Por ejemplo para una Master conectada al puerto paralelo : ]
[ MASTER=0,1,1,$0378 ]

[ Un ejemplo de 2 USBExpansion conectadas con 3 y 2 placas Master ]
[ MASTER=0,4,3,22 ]
[ MASTER=1,4,2,24 ]

[ Un ejemplo de conexión a simulador ]
[ MASTER=0,0,1,0 ]

[ English : ]

[ MASTER=(Device index),(Type),(Number of cards),(Device number) ]

[ Device index : Index used in SIOC variable like device, this is the card used for SIOC sentence ]
[ Use 0 for only one card, for this value you not need specify Device number. If you not use DEVICE parameter in a definition in SIOC script, the default index used is 0]

[ type = 0 : Master Card Emulator ]
[ type = 1 : Master Card connected directly to parallel port ]
[ type = 2 : Master Card connected throught compatibility cable to parallel port ]
[ type = 3 : Expansion Card connected throught parallel port ]
[ type = 4 : USBExpansion Card used ]
[ type = 5 : Opencockpits MCP module ]
[ type = 6 : USBOutputs Card used ]
[ type = 7 : Opencockpits EFIS module ]
[ type = 8 : Opencockpits Radio COM module ]
[ type = 9 : Opencockpits Radio NAV module ]
[ type = 10 : Opencockpits Radio ADF module ]
[ type = 11 : Opencockpits Radio ATC module ]

[ Number of Cards = Master cards connecteds, 1 to 4 for expansion cards, 1 for a Master card directly connected or Emulator ]

[ Number of device = 0 for Emulator or first USB card detected, parallel port address, device number for specifies USBexpansion card ]

[ For example, a Master Card connected directly to parallel port : ]
[ MASTER=0,1,1,$0378 ]

[ For example, two USBExpansion cards connected with 3 and 2 Master cards used ]
[ MASTER=0,4,3,22 ]
[ MASTER=1,4,2,24 ]

[ For example, use of Master card emulator ]
[ MASTER=0,0,1,0 ]

[ Use the first USBExpansion card connected with only one Master Card attached ]
[ Esta definición es para usar la primera tarjeta USBExpansion que se encuentre instalada que además llevará conectada una placa Master ]

[MASTER=3,6,1,252]
[MASTER=0,4,1,0]
[MASTER=0,4,1,0]
MASTER=0,4,2,0,

[ Others Cards / Otras tarjetas ]
[...............................]

[ Spanish : ]

[ Nombre_de_tarjeta=(Indice device),(Número device) ]

[ Indice Device: Índice usado en la variable SIOC como device, para indicar a que tarjeta se hace referencia ]
[ Se usa 0 en el caso de que sólo haya una tarjeta y no se tenga en cuenta el número de device, por defecto un script en SIOC cuando no se pone parámetro DEVICE, se hace referencia al índice 0]

[ Número de device = 0 para usar primera tarjeta USB de este tipo detectada ó número de dispositivo USB ]

[ English : ]

[DEVICE INFORMATION]

[ Name_of_card=(Device index),(Device number) ]

[ Device index : Index used in SIOC variable like device, this is the card used for SIOC sentence ]
[ Use 0 for only one card, for this value you not need specify Device number. If you not use DEVICE parameter in a definition in SIOC script, the default index used is 0]

[ Number of device = 0 for first USB card of this type detected, or device number for a specifies device ]

[ Ejemplo de dos USBServos en indices 0 y 1, y números de devices 17 y 23 ]
[ Example of two USBServos for index 0 and 1, and device number 17 and 23 ]

[ USBServos=0,17 ]
[ USBServos=1,23 ]

USBStepper=0,0
USBKeys=0,0
USBServos=0,57
deviceUSB=2132
USBRelays=0,0
USBDCmotor=0,0

[ Para los ejes analógicos se usan los números de devices de las tarjetas donde están alojados ]
[ For analogic axles, you use the device number of cards what allow the axles ]

USBAnalogic=0,0

[************** FSUIPC MODULE ***************]

[ Desabilitar lectura de las FSUIPC ]
[ FSUIPC disable mode yes/no ]
FSUipcdisable=No

[ Refresco recepción FSUIPC ]
[ FSUIPC refresh ]
FSUipcRefresh=50

[************** IOCP CLIENTS MODULES ***************]

[ Retraso para inicializacion una vez conectado el cliente en milisegundos ]
[ Delay for initialization when client has been connected in mseconds ]
IOCPini_delay=3000

[************** IOCP CLIENT MODULE #0 ***************]

[ Desactivar el módulo cliente IOCP ]
[ Disable IOCP client module ]
IOCPclient0_disable=No

[ IP del servidor donde debe de conectar el cliente ]
[ IOCP client host name ]
IOCPclient0_host=localhost

[ Puerto de envio del protocolo IOCP cliente ]
[ IOCP client port ]
IOCPclient0_port=8090

[************** IOCP CLIENT MODULE #1 ***************]

[ Desactivar el módulo cliente IOCP ]
[ Disable IOCP client module ]
IOCPclient1_disable=No

[ IP del servidor donde debe de conectar el cliente ]
[ IOCP client host name ]
IOCPclient1_host=localhost

[ Puerto de envio del protocolo IOCP cliente ]
[ IOCP client port ]
IOCPclient1_port=8099

[************** SOUND MODULE ***************]

[ Ficheros de sonido ]
[ Sound Files ]

[ Desactivar el módulo de sonido ]
[ Disable Sound module ]
Sound_disable=yes

[ Volumen general de los sonidos 0-100 ]
[ Master Volume 0-100 ]
Volume=100

[ put '*' first filename for loop Sound ]
[ anteponer '*' en el fichero para bucle continuo de sonido]

[ Sound=wav_file,frequency,volume,pan ]
[ frequency=100 to 100000 0=original -1=current ]
[ volume=0 to 100, -1=current ]
[ pan=-100 (left) to +100 (right) 0=center -1=current ]

[ Sound=Fichero_wav,frecuencia,volumen,balance ]
[ frecuencia=100 hasta 100000 0=original -1=Por defecto ]
[ volumen=0 hasta 100 -1=Volumen por defecto ]
[ balance=-100 (Izquierda) hasta +100 (Derecha) 0=centro -1=Por defecto ]

[ #1 ]
Sound=APDis.wav,-1,-1,-1

[ #2 ]
Sound=*outermk.wav,-1,-1,-1

[ #3 ]
Sound=*hello.wav

[************** KEYBOARD EMULATOR MODULE ***************]

[ Nombre exacto de la ventana donde se enviarán las teclas ]
[ Name of window for key send ]
[window = "Project Magenta Glass Cockpit - Build 396" ]

window =a.txt - Bloc de notas

[ Asignación de teclas ]
[ assign youe keys ]

#1=\B\A
#2=B
#3=C
#4=D
#5=E
#6=F
#7=G
#8=H
#9=I
#10=J
#11=K
#12=L
#13=M
#14=N
#15=O
#16=P
#17=Q
#18=R
#19=S
#20=T
#21=U
#22=V
#23=W
#24=X
#25=Y
#26=Z
#27=1
#28=2
#29=3
#30=4
#31=5
#32=6
#33=7
#34=8
#35=9
#36=0
#37=<
#38=,
#39=.
#40=-
#41=*
#42=+
#43=//
#44=/0
#45=/1
#46=/A
#47=
#48=
#49=
#50=
#51=
#52=
#53=
#54=
#55=
#56=
#57=
#58=
#59=
#60=
#61=
#62=
#63=
#64=
#65=
#66=
#67=
#68=
#69=
#70=
#71=
#72=
#73=
#74=
#75=
#76=
#77=
#78=
#79=
#80=
#81=
#82=
#83=
#84=
#85=
#86=
#87=
#88=<a
#200=<b

[ End of File ]

Gary Buss

fordgt40

Hi Gary

The takeaway was brilliant - meat vindaloo made extra hot, still have some left for tonight  :)

This .ini file does not reference any of your modules, so they will not work. I suspect that there is another sioc installation somewhere on your computer that enables all the modules.

Could you do a search for all sioc.ini files and tell me if you find any more, particularly one with a series of enabled (no square brackets) Master= statements with the third argument being 5, 7 or 8.

Regards

David

bussgarfield

David, just before I do the search, I did insert the appropriate numbers next to the master (without brackets) to include the MCP, EFIS etc but that made no difference so I deleted them again. You will see that I left a comma after the last nought but that has been deleted now.

Stand by, I will do a search for for any sioc installations and get back to you.

You are a man after my own heart by the way. A good hot vindaloo or jalfrezi can't be beaten.

Gary
Gary Buss

fordgt40

Gary

Ok, but I suggest you do not change anything else yet, or we will have no reference point to come back to  :)

I am willing to bet a curry that you will find another sioc installation and sioc.ini file - probably in the directory pointed to by your original desktop short cut :)

Regards

David

bussgarfield

David,

Jalfrezi please with extra chillies.

Sorry for the delay but the good lady took over the computer to check her facebook - cheek - can you believe it?

Nope, just the one Sioc installation.
I have not changed anything else apart from deleting that comma by the way.

I have just opened up sioc.exe and everything is shown on there but the MCP and EFIS have that horrible little asterisk against them. The mcpefisflaps.ssi is shown in the log.
I started up FSX and the flaps gauge works but thats all.

Gary

Gary Buss

fordgt40

Gary

I think I need some extra chillies now!!

I just do not understand how your MCP modules etc  worked if that sioc.ini is the original - bar changing the config file line. Sorry to ask again, but I assume you did a search in Explorer under files option for sioc.ini on all drives?

Yours

Puzzled

bussgarfield

David,

You must be psychic - I did a search 'everywhere' and found 50 sioc.ini notepad files. it appears that every time a change is made, it leaves the old file there despite just pressing save. Even the ones I teansferred onto a memory stick to put here are there (but they can't be opened as the stick is not plugged in).

So, do I need to start deleting some to leave just the one I have now or is this in order ?
They are all in the one SIOC folder.

Gary
Gary Buss

fordgt40

Gary

Not psychic -  just old and cynical :) so you owe me some chillies :)

You need to get back to your original sioc.ini file the one where the modules worked ok and before your flaps "trial" Use explorer and set it in "View/list/details" mode and you could probably find the right sioc.ini from its date stamp.  I suggest you do not delete any - just move them out of the way  into a temp directory.

Next step is to see if the modules then work - if so we can then start again to get your flaps working

Regards

David

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate