Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 10:02:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
738 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 745
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 738
Total: 738

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

OpenCockpits 737 Flap Gauge Problems

Started by bussgarfield, June 19, 2011, 08:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordgt40

Gary

An afterthought please do a similar explorer search for sioc.exe. Just to make sure that there is not another installation  :)

Regards

David

bussgarfield

Chillies in the post !!!!

Thanks David, I will do that tomorrow. This is all very educational stuff this - I have read so many other threads about other peoples sioc problems thinking to myself - thank goodness I'm running alright !!

It is now 11pm here and having had a long day building my workshop and working on the computer, I am bushed so I will start afresh tomorrow. Retirement was, I thought, for relaxing - never been so busy - and no I am not that old I was just able to retire a bit earlier than most.

O'h and just caught your last post about sioc.exe and will do.

Many thanks again
Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

fordgt40

Hi Gary

You have earned a rest :)
Catch you tomorrow

Regards

David

bussgarfield

Hi all.

Drastic times call for drastic measures I'm afraid. I had sioc.ini files all over the place within sioc and on the computer and most were duplicated or unable to be opened. I had no idea what was what or what I had done previously - so with a heavy heart and a clear head - I deleted all sioc related matters and re-installed sioc.

I now have a clean bill of health and we will all be singing from the same hymn sheet with no worries about why my SIOC folder is different to everyone elses.

I have saved and retained all scripts for the MCP/EFIS and flaps gauge.

So with some help I will hopefully be able to amalgamate all modules and scripts together, in the same place, so they will all be shown in the sioc.ini file which for some reason they weren't before.

I have not touched anything yet following the re-installation and wont until I speak with one of the guru's here first.

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

fordgt40

Gary

Good call. I suggest you do the following

1) Do whatever you did before to get the MCP,EFIS etc working properly - ignore the flaps script

If all works ok then

2) Amend  the USBServos= line to reflect your servo device number and add the  USBDevice= lines to the sioc.ini file, all as before

3) Hook up your servo card and run sioc. All should be ok with your MCP and EFIS working and your servo card recognised

4) Now amalgamate your scripts as per nico`s site to include the flaps file, change the config_file line in sioc.ini if necessary

5) Take a deep breath and run sioc - hopefully all will be ok

Please be very careful to make sure that your files are only being saved into the correct directory. I assume that you did the search in Explorer and there are no other sioc.exe`s anywhere else and that your desktop shortcuts are removed and/or confimed correct

Any probs, come back - I am around most of the time, working on the lathe/milling machine making a cradle to hold the drive and clutch mechanism for the throttle motor lever assemblies. Just spent 4 hours making something and realised too late that it was wrong  >:(

David

bussgarfield

Hi David.

Everything SIOC related was removed so I have no surprises waiting for me.

Thanks for the run down on the procedures. Previously I was adding bits at a time as and when they were purchased, which is where I think I started going wrong. If at all possible, I would like to add the MCP/EFIS at the same time and then think about adding the flaps gauge.

Once my workshop is finished I too shall be able to work on my lathe again - in wood not metal. I have all manner of woodworking machinery in my store room just begging to be played with again.

I will have a play with the sioc file now and then have a quick swim before our Spanish friend arrives and then get back to the sim computer again.

Thanks again.
Gary
Gary Buss

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate