Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 10:30:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
720 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 738
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 720
Total: 720

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Learjet 45 Throttle Quadrant Completed

Started by MarkDidIt, July 27, 2011, 05:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkDidIt

It's been awhile since I posted last, but have been pretty busy.  I finally have completed my scratch build of not 1 but 2 TQ's.  The one pictured here is on it's way to Australia.  The TQ backlit cover was the toughest to complete and while not perfect, still turned out pretty good considering what I have available to make it.  Curious how they make the real ones!  I'm sure they have better equipment than I do.

Mark

jackpilot

Having built my own TQ, I can appreciate.
Very nice piece.
Thank you for sharing.
What type of materials did U use?
Jack

Jack

MarkDidIt

Cast Acrylic, PVC, Wood and aluminum.

I have a 1/2" aluminum rod that runs thru the center for the main pivot point. 
Parts were made using my desktop CNC machine.  Backlighting circuit made from .01 copper clad using smd leds.

One with it backlit

Here's the breakdown of the parts to build!

shaneb

Hey Jack,

If you look in the third photo down in Mark's original post you will see the "real" mastermind behind the TQ build . . look real close and you will see!    ;D          Mark I couldn't help myself I have to give you a hard time!    On a more serious note, Mark has done an excellent job on the TQ. I'm still amazed when I compare his work with the real Lear levers that I have . . they are spot on!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

MarkDidIt

Thanks Shane!  I know others want them, but I'm going to finish the 3rd one and then I'm done with them for awhile.  Need to get back to my build, plus I'm alittle burnt out on these right now.

jackpilot

Hey
Send the parts to some shop in China and will churn out 200 of them in no time at $45 a pop!
:laugh:

Jack

shaneb

I can understand   . . you've been committed to those for quite a while.   I'm sure your ready to build on your project for awhile.   
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate