Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 08:26:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
725 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 738
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 725
Total: 725

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Network 2 computers wirelessly?

Started by Drewsta, December 01, 2011, 05:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewsta

Hi guys, I've been trying to nut this one out on my own for along time now.

I'm trying to get squawkbox and activesky6 to run on a seperate computer, I have read alll sorts of forums and have had some success early on but still can't seem to get the desired result. I have 2 computers in the garage, both running windows xp home. 1 is the "FS PC" and the other is  the "client PC". I have a wireless  usb adapter plugged into the "FS PC" and that picks up the wireless connection from the house just fine and provides internet to that computer.

I bought a switchbox and connected an ethernet cable from the ethernet port on the FS PC to the switchbox, the connected a second ethernet cable from the switchbox to the client PC ethernet port. I powered up the switchbox and configured the computers as per some internet instructions. The connection worked and it said LAN connected at 100MBs i think it was. The only problem was once that was running the internet stopped working on the FS PC. So you can imagine when i ran active sky 6 on the client, widefs connected no problem but AS6 had no internet to update the weather with? If i turned off the power to the switchbox the internet connection came back straight away through the usb adapter on the FS PC.

My next idea was to leave the switchbox turned off and connect a wireless usb adapter to the client pc. I borrowed a netgear w111gv2 and installed the software and it found it all correct. When i go to connect to my wireless network it connects then says "limited or no connectivity". Stuck again!

So I can turn off the switchbox and have no LAN to the Client but have Internet on the FS PC  OR   I can turn on the switchbox and have a LAN connection to the client and no internet!

Any help or experience on this little snag would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
Drew

Drewsta

Well , everytime i put a post in here about a problem i have, i then go away and do more research and play with the setup and end up getting it working. Problem solved! I should post the problems more often in here if thats the case:)

It worked about to be just a simple config error that i had been overlooking.

Can't wait to try it out and see any performance difference.

Cheers
Drew

Trevor Hale

LOL Drew, I was just reading this for the first time now, and was about to respond, but glad you solved it yourself.

Great stuff.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate