Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 02:31:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
719 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 731
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 719
Total: 719

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

The best cockpit display software?

Started by usajet93, December 11, 2011, 01:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usajet93

What would be the best Cockpit display software. I will be outfitting my cockpit with SISMO hadware.

Also Just your opinion would be great to hear why.

Thanks Nathan

727737Nut

With the Sismo hardware, I would go Prosim 737 as it supports their hardware.
737 Junkie

ian@737ng.co.uk

i have to agree 100%.   they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.   well they're wrong.   i've been playing around with ProSim over the past few months and it's absolutely awesome.   so much so it is being installed 'bit by bit' into my cockpit.  see my other post showing some of the displays.
and indeed the Sismo kit is natively supported into the bargain.   you can see the hardware compatibilty list here http://prosim737.com/support/hardware/
good luck and have a great christmas.
rgds

ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

Raymondvanderploeg

usajet93

The only problem is that it always shuts down and I get no errors. And no support from prosim.:(

ian@737ng.co.uk

when you say it always shuts down, can you be more specific.
just a thought, if you are runningthe beta, it's time limited.   could that be your problem?
there is a temporary key on the prosim website which makes it fully functional until 31-12-2011 when the program will go payware.
give us a clue and we'll see if we can help.
rgds

ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

usajet93

It does it in the middle of the flight. Then I have to restart it. I put the code in from the website so not sure what to think. It also does it after I close or save a setting in the instructor screen remotely.

Thanks Nathan

dnoize

are ALL the modules updated to the latest version ?

different revisions of the software dont mix well.

I've never seen crash prosim on any system when installed well.
No error messages whatsoever ?

I'm surprised you never received support ? Marty is always very helpfull in his own forum and by mail. Spamproblems maybe ?

Stef

usajet93

Yeah all the modules are all updated to the recent version. I look for an error and couldn't find one in the text file. I emailed Marty and left a post in the forum. No luck.

Thanks Nathan

Trevor Hale

Keep in Mind each solftware has it strengths and weaknesses.  Do your research and try the demo's  Each and every software has a place in this hobby.  Whats the Best for One person may not be the best for everyone.  so it is kind of a loaded question.

You need to find out what your expectations are and see which developers meet those expectations.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

MLeavy737

The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

727737Nut

In actuality, we have it made as it seems each version of display software caters to a narrow specific interface option.  So you can go with the interface you want and the software to match that supports it natively.   
737 Junkie

Benja

I have to add my 5 cents here, as I started out with the Project Magenta Boeing suite and have now changed to Prosim. I am completely happy and can't see myself changing now, even with needing to pay 300 Euros.
Upsetting my fiancee one purchase at a time

usajet93

Thank You all for your input. I have had some issues with FS2004 and had to reload it. not sure this will fix anything. I'm afraid to find out :)
Merry Christmas!! Nathan

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate