Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 08:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
720 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 738
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 720
Total: 720

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Cheap string pot

Started by tmcnam, February 20, 2012, 05:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmcnam

Cheap string pot I built using retractable badge reel. The pics are self explanatory and there are links to my youtube videos that show how it works.

Cheap String Potentiometer Pt 1

Cheap String Pot Pt. 2

This may be too simplistic or something everyone else has already done but I just figured it out so thought others might be able to use it.
Tim

Edit: BTW, I used hot melt glue to attach the spacer block and the retractable reel. Fast and effective...

jetpilot

Hey Tim,
Really clever.
Now your cockpit will be also protected against a broad spectrum of bugs  :idiot:

Roberto

tmcnam

Hi Roberto,

You can tell how long I've had some of this junk...no one gives away Zosyn stuff anymore! :D

I'm working on a simple design where I can cast the "holder" and the pulley out of a casting resin and use whatever reel and pot I want. Should make it a lot easier and only cost a few dollars.

String pots really are the simplest way to hook up most things...
Best Regards,
Tim

philb737

Hi Tim,
Great job, two thumbs up!!!!
I'm interested in 6 "holders" and  "pulley" made out of casting resin too. Please let me know if you can make few extra ones  :D I can pay you via Paypal. No rush :idiot:
Cheers
Phil
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

Rodney

I like it.  I used a key chain type for mine (type that have a set of keys on a chain that clips to your belt).  Works but I need some better pots.  That will be re-work # 2 someday.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate