Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 04:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
716 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 731
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 716
Total: 716

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Two way Cockpit

Started by solid, February 28, 2012, 06:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

solid

Hi everyone...
I fly a lot of GA aircraft since I make all kinds of Missions and adventure flights (FSadventureSky) at the same time I fly the 737 a lot too. I have been wanting a low budget cockpit for a long time since I had all my instruments all over the place. Here is the result I finished this weekend. I use Project Magenta for my GA instruments and Aerosoft.com au for the 737, I also carry over 2D instruments from any plane...the shell is wood and foam boards.

jackpilot

Thanks for the pictures.
Very nice
Not too hot inside the foam boards?
If they are not thick you probably could bend them for a more "round" shell.
Jack

Jack

Maurice

Very smart solution for a low budget sim. Having the ability to fly different GA & other airplanes is something I do miss on a full cockpit. You can't have lots of fun flying missions in Alaska & pretending you are a bush pilot while sitting in a 737 cockpit.

After watching the 'Flying Wild Alaska' series on television, I would love to be able to do that on my sim but it's kind of unrealistic to land a 737 on a river bank or a frozen snow covered lake :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

solid

Hi Jack and Maurice....

Thanks for your nice words about my "Overall cockpit"...Have you guys seen the main office of the 1935 "Caproni 101"?? that´s how I feel inside it. :laugh: :laugh:...here are the last photos of the finished product. I am really amazed the difference in the "feeling" of flight this shell has given me. I now feel that am really flying, the sound, the sorroundings (tight!) everything is better. Jack, I was going to make it "rounder" but I guess I got lazy and took the easier road to Shangrila!!!..and yes it is a little hot in there, but I am installing a small split air conditioner that will cool things, meanwhile I have this---a large fan on the left window with a "bent" foam board diverting the air toward the shell window and its ok..... ::) ::) ::)...For those wanting a "low budget" cockpit I suppose this is the way to go, wood and foam boards...I have written a tutorial on how to get your instruments to a separate monitor for a very "low" price which can get more pilots to venture into making their cockpit,  it can be downloaded from Flightsim and Simviation.....See you´ll soon.

Gera

A Caproni 101..??? ;D :laugh:

Here am using the Carenado 2D Glass Panel to fly out to the mountains..

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate