Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 03:28:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
719 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 741
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 719
Total: 719

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Is this even possible with Nthusim or Warpalizer?

Started by Maurice, August 05, 2012, 10:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

Quote from: melnato on August 23, 2012, 02:53:38 PM
Mau...wishI had the answer for you on the 690...BUT do not take peoples opinions/ideas/random thoughts for Gospel....too many experts flying around  :-\

You are 100% right but this wasn't random dribble. It came from a company that sells pre-configured custom FSX systems so they should know better, in theory at least. Why would they not use a 690 unless what they said has an element of truth?

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Nat Crea

QuoteWhy would they not use a 690 unless what they said has an element of truth?

Exactly what I meant :)

I believe JetLine would've tested the card before making that statement...

Nat

Maurice

Quote from: melnato on August 23, 2012, 04:58:44 PM
QuoteWhy would they not use a 690 unless what they said has an element of truth?

Exactly what I meant :)

I believe JetLine would've tested the card before making that statement...

Nat

I'm in the early stage of agreeing with Jetline. So far, not very happy with the 690 but there is still a glimmer of hope since I have not yet tried to use it with 3 separate views as opposed to one wide view. But things are not looking very good right now (I will start a new topic about the testing part)

Maurice

Maurice

Quote from: saabpilot on August 11, 2012, 02:50:09 AM

What is VERY important is that you use the correct output to the screens.
Left card output - Left projector, Center output to center projector and Right card output to Right Projector.
Failure to do so will result in FS9/FSX not being able to save your screen positions.

Best from Stockholm,
Bjorn
www.boeing737sim.se

Hi Bjorn,

Can you please explain what left card output, center output or right card output means? Are you referring to the actual physical location of the output sockets on the card? In my case, I have 2 DVI plugs side by side and a display port to the right of the sockets. Underneath that, there is one more DVI socket.

It seems like the only way I can run 3 separate monitors and still be able to use 2 GPU processors is to use the display port and 2 other DVI sockets. If I try to use the 3 DVI sockets, I get a message that it can only use one GPU.

So, back to my question. When you say left card output, which one would be the left card output. I am asking because I am unable to save the screen positions and size. I only see 2 small side views, one to the right and one to the left. They are the correct views, but I need to resize them every time.

I have several other issues at this time, but I can't deal with those until I am able to have all the views at their right size. Anyway, if you could help me out here, I would really appreciate that.

Thank you,
Maurice

saabpilot

Hi Mau,

Sorry to hear that you have issues with the 690.
Since I do not use the cards myself I will ask my 2 friends to take a photo and point out the port order.
It might take a day or two.

Best,
Bjorn
Fly Safe - Low and slow
There are Young Pilots there are Bold Pilots but no Bold and Old Pilots.

Maurice

Quote from: saabpilot on September 05, 2012, 02:47:24 AM
Hi Mau,

Sorry to hear that you have issues with the 690.
Since I do not use the cards myself I will ask my 2 friends to take a photo and point out the port order.
It might take a day or two.

Best,
Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn. That would help a lot. Also, can you ask them if they are using the display port with 2 DVI ports instead of the 3 DVI ports?

Thanks,
Maurice

saabpilot

Hi again Mau,

Attach the thee DVI ports, start the PC, run the display config app in Win7, if you see that left FS picture appears on right - switch left/right cables.   When they are in correct order, that is left screen left, center screen center and right screen right FSX should be able to save the screen positions.
None of the two simmers use the Display Port.

Bjorn
Fly Safe - Low and slow

Maurice

Hi Bjorn,

Well I am slightly ahead but no joy yet on several fronts. I did as you asked and now the 3 windows keep their size but not their positions. They all come out in the center screen on top of each other. I can move them back to their respective side but they do not stay that way when I restart FSX.

It looks like both GPUs are active but the Nvidia control panel says that Multi GPU is disabled. With the MSI afterburner I can see that both GPUs are active and barely utilized. Same for memory but I don't know why the control panel says disabled. But this the least of my problems  :)

Beside the windows locations not being saved, when I move them to their respective sides, the images do not butt each other. There is a big gap in between the windows as if there was a bezel. That may be an Nvidia adjustment but I have not found it yet.

And one last thing, the frame rate seems worse than with my TripleHead so that is not too encouraging. Unless I can see at least the same fps, the other problems will not matter as I will just go back to an extended desktop.

Anyway, thank you very much for your input. At least I know the projectors are connected in the right place. If your buddies have any other suggestions, please let me know. I must be doing something wrong here somewhere so I'll keep plugging at it in the meantime.

Thanks again,
Maurice

blueskydriver

Maurice,

Try uninstalling anything to do with TH2GO...the power matrox and whatever other software it uses.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Nat Crea

Mau you couldve bought another PC with that GTX money and then you would only
need one more to go WideView  ;D

Sorry...luv ya...

Nat

Maurice

Quote from: melnato on September 06, 2012, 03:23:20 AM
Mau you couldve bought another PC with that GTX money and then you would only
need one more to go WideView  ;D

Sorry...luv ya...

Nat

Luv ya too Nat. I could have bought myself something much more useful actually...a shotgun and use my sim for target practice. That would have given me so much more satisfaction ;D . Come to think of it, there is still some money left in my bank. Hmmm.....

Maurice

Maurice

Quote from: blueskydriver on September 05, 2012, 01:38:23 PM
Maurice,

Try uninstalling anything to do with TH2GO...the power matrox and whatever other software it uses.

John

Been there, done that  :) . What I find so frustrating about this is that it means that if I had 3 LCD screens instead of projectors, I would not even be able to use them since I can't figure out how to display 3 views so that they stay where they should be. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong here and it's killing me that I can't figure it out. That has nothing to do with this particular GTX 690 (I think) and I would have the same problems with any other card(s) with 3 outputs.

I know I can always go back to using the 690 with a wide view in the same way as the TripleHead, but that was not what I intended to do with the 690.I thought I was a reasonably intelligent sim builder but either I was wrong or I am losing my marbles or both :)

Maurice

saabpilot

Hi again,

One of my friends who has the 490 card called,

He says you do have to have the left screen as primary (= with the WIN7 taskbar) otherwise it will not save screen positions.
Also on the 690 one of the outputs is a DVI-I port, 2 are DVI-D and one is a Display Port.
He believes that the guy with the 690 uses the 2 DVI-D ports + the Display Port with a DP-DVI adapter, I will call him later tonight to verify this, but it should also be obvious how if you read the manual.

(The 490 has different outputs vs the 590)

Bjorn
Fly Safe - Low and slow

Maurice

Hi Bjorn,

I know I must be doing something fundamentally wrong since you know someone using it with no problems. There was no manual by the way except for a very short quick installation guide but I did get a very nice black T-Shirt in the box with the EVGA logo  :)

I did try the 2 DVI-D outputs with the DP port earlier but I'm not sure which screen I used as the Primary display so I'll try that again. There has to be something simple that I am overlooking ( I hope)

Maurice

Maurice

Well I've pretty much given up for now anyway. If I use the GTX 690 as a direct replacement for the THG, i.e. expanded screen at 3840x800, it works OK but no better than the THG.

But if I try to use it as 3 separate outputs, I have not been able to get it to remember the window sizes. It remembers their position but even if I enlarge the side views manually and restart, it goes back to small side views as you can see in attached pictures.

In addition to that, when I maximize FSX, the windows do not butt each other but they do butt each other when I connect to the FSX PC via TeamViewer. It looks like it needs a bezel adjustment but that is not available when you use the card as 3 separate outputs. The bezel adjustment is only available in the wide view mode.

I'm totally baffled and if I wanted to replace my projectors with monitors instead, I wouldn't even be able to do that. Does not make sense but I've spent too many hours on this already and I need a break

Here are a few pics of what I am talking about. Obviously I did not even bother with warping correction at this stage

Maurice

saabpilot

Mau,

What I can see immediately is that you use the wrong views.
You have to use FWD LEFT + FRONT + FWD RIGHT and not FWD + LEFT + RIGHT as in your pictures.
The latter views can not be joined together.
Since I use FS9 I am not 100% sure how the screens are in FSX, but it seems likely to me that also FSX has Front LEFT and Front Right views.

Re. the bezel adjustments I only knew Warpalizer which is used here and Warpalizer can do this, it is a software feature, so check your warping program manual how to do it.

Bjorn
Fly Safe - Low and slow

Maurice

Quote from: saabpilot on September 09, 2012, 02:38:44 AM
Mau,

What I can see immediately is that you use the wrong views.
You have to use FWD LEFT + FRONT + FWD RIGHT and not FWD + LEFT + RIGHT as in your pictures.

Bjorn

Hi Bjorn,

About the views you see, these were from my last try. Previously, I did have the same views you mentioned .FWD LEFT + FRONT + FWD RIGHT with exactly the same results. In fact, I only tried the latest views out of sheer desperation because nothing was working for me :)

But I do know I must be doing something else wrong somewhere. I must be.  I will try again once I get over the disgust I feel for not being able to figure this out. I do own the Warpalizer software as well so if I get the windows to resize properly I can try Warpalizer to see if it gets rid of the space between the views. At this time though, I do not understand why Warpalizer would be able to do something that FlyElise can't do but there are many, many things I do not understand  :)

However, I am also not dismissing the possibility that my 690 is defective. I say that because on previous tries, after enlarging the views manually, I saw very bad tearing of the side views only once the plane was moving (see enclosed pictures). That was without any warping adjustments but I never see that with the wide view even without warping, so only happens with separate views. I find that very bothersome but I did load their latest beta drivers after talking to EVGA support, so we'll see if that helps.

Anyway, Angus  and 2 of his buddies are coming to fly my sim this week on a real training session, so I don't want to mess with it anymore at this time. In the mean time, I need to get the latest version of Warpalizer and their latest manual so that I'll be ready when I try again.

Thanks for your support again Bjorn. I would really appreciate any other ideas/suggestions you or your buddies might have.

Cheers,

Maurice

Maurice

One more question Bjorn. Were you able to confirm for sure whether the Display port is used or not? First you said "None of the two simmers use the Display Port" but then you said this

" Also on the 690 one of the outputs is a DVI-I port, 2 are DVI-D and one is a Display Port. He believes that the guy with the 690 uses the 2 DVI-D ports + the Display Port with a DP-DVI adapter, I will call him later tonight to verify this"

So, which one is right? I tried both ways anyway and I had the same results but I would like to know which configuration worked for sure for your friends.

Thanks,
Maurice

saabpilot

Hi Mau,

The man with the 690 is a bit hard to reach due to his work, but I will try and forward your question a.s.a.p.

Bjorn
Fly Safe - Low and slow

Maurice

Quote from: saabpilot on September 10, 2012, 12:28:39 AM
Hi Mau,

The man with the 690 is a bit hard to reach due to his work, but I will try and forward your question a.s.a.p.

Bjorn

No rush Bjorn. I will not be trying again until early October anyway. But when you ask him, can you also ask him to specify the resolution he is using in FSX. I want to be sure I understand his setup correctly. With a wide expanded view, I use 3840x800 but with separate displays, I was expecting to set the FSX resolution to 1280x800. In other words, when he looks at the display properties, does he see 3 separate displays or one wide display only?

Thanks again,
Maurice

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate