Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 07:26:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
725 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 741
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 725
Total: 725

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Question for Mike L. about climb rate

Started by Maurice, January 03, 2013, 06:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhysb

Mau,

I can't see why it would only work with prosim??? It's just a version of the default aircraft it just drops into the sim objects folder like any other plane!

I just tried it with Project magenta as don't have simA and it works with PM
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Maurice

Quote from: rhysb on January 11, 2013, 05:03:07 AM
Mau,

I can't see why it would only work with prosim??? It's just a version of the default aircraft it just drops into the sim objects folder like any other plane!

I just tried it with Project magenta as don't have simA and it works with PM

That's what I thought too. I will definitely try it with SimA.

Thanks,
Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Maurice

This is really annoying. I ordered the product and paid for it but I never received a link for the download. So I filled a form on their website addressed to customer support but I get an error & the form does not get submitted.

So for anybody who ordered the Jetstream 737 model, how long did you have to wait before getting the download link?

Thanks,
Maurice

fsaviator

Mau,

Log in to your prosim store account.  One the left side you will see a link to your downloadable products.  Click it and you will get to the page with the download link

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Maurice

Quote from: fsaviator on January 11, 2013, 02:37:37 PM
Mau,

Log in to your prosim store account.  One the left side you will see a link to your downloadable products.  Click it and you will get to the page with the download link

I did and there is no link that I can see  :(

Maurice

fsaviator

Their website can be confusing.  Log in here:

http://www.prosim737.com/shop/customer/account/login/

First make sure that you can see your order in the "lastest orders" area, and that you have a link to "My Downloadable Products"

Click on "My Downloadable Products" and you get to this screen:

Click on "Jetstream..."

Hope this helps.  If not, your best best is to head over to their forum.

http://prosim737.com/support/support-forum/

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Maurice

Thanks Warren but I received an email with the link this morning so everything is cool.

Thanks,
Maurice

Maurice

Well I finally got to try the Jetstream model with Sim-Avionics and this is what I found out so far. The takeoff & climb to cruise altitude was much more reasonable than with FSX, meaning the climb rate was lower & closer to Mike's figures.

However, once established on cruise & on VNAV, although the speed bug was set to 0.80 Mach & N1 @ 85%,  the indicated airspeed kept decreasing and stabilized at 250 knots with a ground speed of only 420 knots with no wind at all. I don't think this is right so I will have to look into the SimA aircraft.cfg file and try to figure out if there is anything I can do there.

But since I don't really know what I am doing, I may have to go back to the default 800 as I prefer a fast climb and fast cruise than a normal climb & slow cruise.

Anyway, more experimenting to do especially with manual flight as I have not tried that yet.

Maurice

MLeavy737

Maurice,
  Just remember indicated airspeed decreases as you gain altitude.  250 indicated at high altitude cruise at .80 could be considered normal. 

Normal climb for us is about 280-300 indicated transitioning to .74 or so until cruise altitude is obtained.  When you transition to Mach the indicated airspeed continually drops the higher you go.

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Maurice

Quote from: MLeavy737 on January 15, 2013, 05:28:11 PM
Maurice,
  Just remember indicated airspeed decreases as you gain altitude.  250 indicated at high altitude cruise at .80 could be considered normal. 

Normal climb for us is about 280-300 indicated transitioning to .74 or so until cruise altitude is obtained.  When you transition to Mach the indicated airspeed continually drops the higher you go.

Mike L

I get what you are saying Mike but is 420 or so knots a correct ground speed assuming no wind at at all? This seems rather low to me but I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Maurice

MLeavy737

Oh I see what u mean.  Not sure exactly.  Can't remember the last time I saw no wind at altitude :) I'm sure there's a performance chart I can look into or test on next flight.  I'll let ya know.

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Maurice

Quote from: MLeavy737 on January 15, 2013, 05:56:48 PM
Oh I see what u mean.  Not sure exactly.  Can't remember the last time I saw no wind at altitude :) I'm sure there's a performance chart I can look into or test on next flight.  I'll let ya know.

Mike L

I have never seen no wind at altitude in FSX either. So I'm wondering now whether it wasn't showing in the ND but was there anyway. I have to do another flight with ActiveSky this time and confirm the winds and ground speed again.

Thanks,
Maurice

rhysb

Maurice,

That's sounds not far away from reality, I don't have 737 experience like Mike but the 757 is only about 20 knots higher than that under your circumstance and that is a much more powerful airplane.

Maybe your just used to microsofts incorrect performance?

Rhys b
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Jetcos

Quote from: rhysb on January 15, 2013, 11:07:53 PM

Rhys b

Aren't we all?

Just saying.......
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Maurice

Quote from: rhysb on January 15, 2013, 11:07:53 PM
Maurice,

That's sounds not far away from reality, I don't have 737 experience like Mike but the 757 is only about 20 knots higher than that under your circumstance and that is a much more powerful airplane.

Rhys b

Very interesting!  Since I do not know how a real 737 flies, the fact that the MS version flies faster is pretty much inconsequential and in fact welcomed, but I did discover something I really loved in the Jetstream model and that is how the airplane behaves when the speed brakes are extended while on autopilot.

In FSX, FS9 and likely earlier versions as well, whenever I extended the speed brakes while on VNAV, the plane always slowed its rate of descent as well by raising the nose which meant it then had to dive to regain the correct flight path which also meant it went too fast again. 

So it never reached the next waypoint at the correct altitude seen on the FMS especially if that altitude was not predicted but mandatory. Yesterday, when I extended the speed brakes, the plane just slowed down and maintained the exact same rate of descent which was exactly what I wanted and what I experienced in real planes when the pilot extended the air brakes.

That to me is the biggest improvement so far and enough to stay with this flight model. As I said earlier, I need to do more testing especially with manual flight in case something does not work right with SimA or my hardware, but it is looking very good right now.

Thanks,
Maurice

Maurice

Unfortunately, I have to abandon the Jetstream model for several reasons. I'm sure it could be made to work with SimA by tweaking some of SimA settings but I don't want to mess with them since I don't really know what they do.

The good news though is that SimA has their own version of the 737-800 and after trying it, it seems to work like the Jetstream model performance wise but without the issues I experienced with Jetstream. So I will be testing the SimA model more thoroughly and hopefully it will meet all my needs.

Thank you all for your inputs,

Maurice

Maurice

Quote from: Maurice on January 15, 2013, 02:59:16 PM

However, once established on cruise & on VNAV, although the speed bug was set to 0.80 Mach & N1 @ 85%,  the indicated airspeed kept decreasing and stabilized at 250 knots with a ground speed of only 420 knots with no wind at all. I don't think this is right so I will have to look into the SimA aircraft.cfg file and try to figure out if there is anything I can do there.

In case anyone is interested, Mark from SimA told me how to change the Airline Policy in the CDU. The % N1 decrease at cruise was set too high (12%) and reducing it to 3% allowed N1 to increase above 85% and stabilize at about 86.5%. With that setting, the airplane was able to maintain Mach 0.8 once I was at cruise altitude, so all is well now.

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate