Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 03:05:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
714 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 731
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 714
Total: 714

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

It's time for my triple projectors setup....

Started by Nick1150, February 17, 2013, 09:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarryZ

Quote from: Maurice on February 24, 2013, 04:03:12 AM
Harry,
I tried again the higher resolutions in my setup and the image definitely looks worse to me. Probably my older projectors are not as good as yours.
Maurice
[/quote]

Hmmm...higher resolutions "should" give you a clearer, crisper image...depending on the native resolution of your projectors.  I know that in my older single projector display (800x600), if I tried to go to a higher res, there was indeed some blurring as the projector has to try and expand the pixels to fill the image.

What projectors are you currently using and what is their native res?

Harry
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

HarryZ

Quote from: HarryZ on February 24, 2013, 05:13:38 AM
Quote from: Joe Lavery on February 24, 2013, 12:13:20 AM
Harry,

Not wishing to hijack this thread but what sky software are you using...

Regards
Joe

I'm using Warpalizer by Univisual Technologies.

Harry

Joe,

Sorry, I misread your question...I'm using Flight Environment by Flight 1 and Active Sky 2012 for the wx generator.  I find Flight 1's clouds are a little more detailed than AS.

Also had to fine tune Window's color depiction along with the color setup within the projectors themselves.  Add FXAA to the pot and this is the result I've got.

Harry
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

Maurice

Harry,
I may be mistaken. I thought the lower resolution looked better but I took some pics to compare and the pics show a different story so I need to try again. I will answer again via PM so as not to totally derail this thread.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Joe Lavery

Thanks Harry, I appreciate you taking the time to reply...

I'll check out Flight Environment, It's one I haven't had a go at... :D

Cheers
Joe.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

sluyt050

Quote from: Nick1150 on February 22, 2013, 09:40:26 PM
As stated I am between Benq MW814ST and 817ST, I will have to choose in my local shop on the spot for that, because the difference is too small between them, but I am thinking out loud here, and the solution of 3 flat screen is passing my mind, because mainly of simpicity....
Quote from: sluyt050 on February 21, 2013, 02:41:22 AM
I use the BenQ MW851UST Ultra Short Throw projectors (1280 x 800 p) in a 210 deg. FOV flat screen setup (see pictures).
I find the immersion as good as with a curved screen. I still use warping software (Fly Elise Immersive Display Lite 2) for minor corrections. The advantage of flat screens is no loss of image quality caused by warping (mainly vertical). You would not need warping software at all due to your magnificent mechanical adjustment devices.
Can you please record a short video in action to see the result ? I am aminly concerned at the two corners that are created...

This would be highly appreciated,

Thanks

I am preparing to shoot a video from my setup Nick. Please be patient since this this would be my first one using my new ipad...
Edward

Nick1150

Quote from: Maurice on February 24, 2013, 04:03:12 AM
Nick,

These projectors mounts seem like very fancy & expensive ones. What brand are they or are they the ones made to fit a particular brand of projectors?

Thanks,

Maurice
Hello Maurice,

Very sorry for taking so much time to answer, but I haven't received any email notification.

Today I wanted to post a question and read all these replies since my last post!

Sorry for that again,

About the projectors mount... Actually these mounts are very cheap but need work to create. I bought 3 cheap universal projector mounts, like 9.99 euro each and I created with the help of a friend talented in metal works this result mounted on a usual curtains rail. The result is to have all axis available, including forward and aft, changing the throw distance that is.

It's not something expensive but it needs time and effort to build it.

My ceiling is inclined, and also at the time I was building my cockpit base I haven't decided yet about my projectors, so I needed a flexible solution then, in order to be ready when the time comes.

Hope that helps...
Nick

Boeing 737 NG home cockpit builder in Athens, Greece

Nick1150

So I finally decided and bought my 3 projectors. I decided that Benq MW817ST would be my solution, and all 3 of them are now ready for their first tests on my cockpit, hopefully this afternoon after work...

So now my next step is which software to use ?

Which are my alternatives ?

Any pros and cons of each one ?

Thank you in advance,

aaa and a few pics of my cockpit just for the fun of it... Just finished my metal cockpit floor and purchased the rest of my pedestal modules from CPflight, all cables have been made from the start, solenoid switches are on the way to be installed on my overhead and also 4 speakers have been installed on the cockpit ceiling for the call outs only.... This hobby never ends!

Nick

HarryZ

Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

Nick1150

Hi to all,

So after a long weekend mounting, testing and tweaking with my new setup, I went to the Fly Elise Pro solution. I have made a test flight, and one thing I can tell you... I am not going back! 180 degrees FOV makes a difference !!!

These are the good news... the bad news are that now I HAVE to decide about my screen ;)

I am trying to find a material to test, flat or curved, as Warren advised me, something that can stand on the floor, bendable enough, to be able to be bought in rolls so that it is note in sheets and create joints in the screen...

Any idea ?

Any advise about flat vs screen would be highly appreciated guys.

Thanks
Nick

Nick1150

Nick

blueskydriver

It's all personal choice really anymore, as both flat and curved screens can be made to look really good. I suggest you go curve and get your screen material from Carl's Place (on ebay). Both Sean Nixon and I purchased ours there, and we're both very happy we did...

Search for the curved screen thread that we both posted in about Carl's Place.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Nick1150

Thanks for the info...

Just researching my options
Nick

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate