Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 04:00:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
723 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 741
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 723
Total: 723

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

building the backwall

Started by ivar hestnes, January 16, 2010, 12:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Quote from: andarlite on January 20, 2010, 10:28:14 AM
Quote from: Trevor Hale on January 20, 2010, 09:59:48 AM
Quote from: andarlite on January 20, 2010, 08:35:02 AM

Well, since we're temporarily talking about boats, here's my boat:

http://prayerclinic.info/newmac/

It's a Macgregor 19 Powersailor (and it's got an Evinrude attached to it).  :D

I like the lines of that Boat Henry..  Very nice indeed.  The only problem you have with a boat like that, living where you do is you either have to fight the 400 on Friday afternoons to head for the lake, or you have Mucho Denero and keep a slip in the harbour.  LOL

Beautiful

It's actually not that bad Trevor, I'm only 15 minutes to Lake Ontario and there's many launch ramps to use. I also had a slip at the Port Credit Marina for a few years and it was only $1000 for the season (very cheap compared to the yacht clubs). It's funny how many people who keep their boat at a slip are always down at the boat on weekends but never actually leave the slip.... guess they just use it as a floating waterfront cottage.

Regards,
Henry

Thats funny Henry. I live like less then 10 minutes from Lake Ontario on the US side... So we live kinda close to each other!

ivar hestnes

Can you believe it guys? I am back on track with the purpous of the thread again. Bet it wont last long, hehehehe.

Well, some pictures of the last few days effort. It is coming together on the inside now.

Still some work to do on the F/O side. But I cant cover the walls yet, because the door is locked on the outside, and if I cover and close the door, I am doomed to be outside the sim, lol. So need to take apart the lock and modify it a little. Of course I dont have the key ::)

Here the small roof section is away.

The small roof section is actually a "lock" that connects the two sidemodules, and holds them together. Just slip it down from above, and it all holds tight together. I like this kind of solutions, lol.

Trevor Hale

Good Point...  Henry, I never thought about it that way.

@Ivar, your right, you got it back on track.  Looks amazing..  I can;t wait to see it painted.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

when acting as a wave

Brilliant! Absolute class all the way!  :)
Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

shaneb

That looks great . . really good craftsmanship!
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Jetcos

Looks amazing Ivar!

Imagine if you worked on the Spruce Goose?

Looking forward to more updates...

Watch your head   :D
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Trevor Hale

Oh Steve..  That would have been amazing. I bet Ivar would have fit right in too.

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

ivar hestnes

Quote from: Jetcos on January 21, 2010, 04:28:22 PM
Looks amazing Ivar!

Imagine if you worked on the Spruce Goose?

Looking forward to more updates...

Watch your head   :D

Watch my head, lol. Thats your job you know, to watch my head ;D (got a few scratches now).
Ahhhh, sproose goose. Wish I could see that fly. A flying forest ;D

I would definitely volunteer for a second build of that aircraft :)

Thanks for your comments boys. It really helps on the motivation factor. There are still lots of work to do. Detailing, jump seat and so on. The story never ends ;D

blueskydriver

Hey Ivar,

Okay, I know this post is over two years old, but being that my 737 is at this stage...uh, sort of...I thought to go back and relive your glory building days. Anyway, I see the pics you posted, but I am no wood master like you; thus, would you be willing to help me out some?

Basically, I need plans or measurements from your design, and right down to that fancy top lock box you have for seperating the two sides. I need the same because my MIP is on a single platform, the seats are on one each platform, and the backwall with circuit breaker panels (printed versions through Jack and CB's made by my favorite guys at FDS) need to be on two platforms like yours. This way each platform can be moved out of the way in order to work on the MIP when needed. Yes, there are times and that is one of the downfalls of a real shell.

So, I'd really appreciate your assistance and just to let you know, I thought to bring up this older post because I know Jack is likely in this stage of his build, and Maurice is looking for something to do rather then rebuild his screens...lol...love you Maurice. Anyway, I think Scott might up for it now, as well as some of the other guys...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

ivar hestnes

Hi John and others who need it...

Shoot me an email on: ivarhestnes at hotmail dot com
and I can send you the reference material I used. Some of my measurements is not neccessarily correct, as it has been adapted to the shell, which in turn is not exactly to scale either  ;)

But if you need some of my measurements, I can do a few when I am home in 1,5 weeks.

Joe Lavery

Hi all,

I have a set of AutoCAD files I believe based on the original FDS shell design, they show all the rib sizes on a squared grid with dimensions. I also have a set of instructions on how to put it together written by Steve Wekarchuk.
If anyone wants a copy please of these drop me a mail. These are dimensions that Ivar said he no longer has.  :(

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate