Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:56:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
151 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 204
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 151
Total: 152

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

LED strips for backlighting

Started by airupthere, March 13, 2017, 09:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airupthere

Just wanted to get some recommendations on LED strips for backlighting? Links to Amazon would be appreciated.

Randy

navymustang

In the U.S., most auto parts dealers have great LED strips of various lengths and colors.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

bernard S

I assume this is for your Main Instrument Panel..get hold of UAM and the likes..get the lighting plates..easy to fit and does not light up like a xmas tree

Goodenough

I ordered some LED lights and other items from Amazon...and other than it taking a long time to arrive..Im happy with the results so far. Of course it will take a little work to achieve the results I want. Today was working on the LED lights that are yellow in color being connected to a power source and then to the panel

Trevor Hale

Ah yes.. the warm white LED Strips.  I actually use the "Cool white" But almost find them too bright white.. 
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Goodenough

I bought a dimmer for that, just need to play around with it. Step A for me is to figure out how it connects to the power supply and LED lights. Right now I have the LEDs connected straight into power supply but need the female adapter part to go out from dimmer to LED...I think?

Bob Reed

Very interested in this as I was thinking of backlighting the overhead this way when I rebuild it.

Trevor Hale

Actually when you cut the led's every foot give or take at the line. All you do is use a sharp hobby knife to expose the copper pads and solder wires to it.

All good :)
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Fabian

Wondering if anyone found LED strips that is close to real panel lamps? The ones I've found are too white or too orange. Nothing like the nice amber FDS IBL has (for obvious reasons). Even Opencockpits has a warm white that is nice. Haven't been able to match it.

FredK

Check out the following link...

www.1000Bulbs.com

Everything you need is there....fast shipment.....low prices.

Fred K

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

navymustang

When on their site (and others) look at the TAMI strip holder and light filter. You could then go to your local art store and get whatever transparent colored filter to insert. If gives a much better look that just the bare LED strip.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Fabian

thanks! yeah seems like a filter is the bests solutions.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate