Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:13:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
132 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 165
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Jetmax TQ - motorized it?

Started by iceblue77, January 24, 2019, 08:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceblue77

Hi,

I have a Jetmax TQ for the 737, it looks great and works perfect, but for long time wanted to move to a motorized one, but... maybe there is a way to convert this TQ in a motorized version, with some 3D printing and some time.

Does anyone thought about it or even better... end up doing it?

Any recommendation or help will be welcome.

Thanks

WJH

Well, don't overthink it. I fly 744's for a living and the auto throttle is a single motor that moves all the levers together, staying in position by friction between them until they hit the stops. So if you had the levers not aligned, they stay that way until the stops are hit. Also, on the 400, if the levers are close enough, the FADEC corrects the mismatch.
I say this because I've seen builders use motors for each lever and that is just more complicated than the real thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

bernard S

the 74-4 has FADEC?   are you referencing the EEC ?  actully the 74 TQ is some what complex imho..

mickc

Quote from: WJH on May 18, 2019, 09:37:53 PM
Well, don't overthink it. I fly 744's for a living and the auto throttle is a single motor that moves all the levers together, staying in position by friction between them until they hit the stops. So if you had the levers not aligned, they stay that way until the stops are hit. Also, on the 400, if the levers are close enough, the FADEC corrects the mismatch.
I say this because I've seen builders use motors for each lever and that is just more complicated than the real thing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

737s have one motor per engine, different to the 744 setup, although they do use the same gearbox, just 2 of them.

FredK

Keep in mind that we are talking "simulation" here.....in our case the exact details of motor operation in the real thing are largely "simulated" via the software script programming.

I think Hugo's question in that regard is more basic and is addressed to the actual mechanical operation of fitting in motors......

I am not familiar with the Jetmax TQ design.  However....If the existing lever operation involves a rotating disk the motorized conversion should be conveniently possible.  If the design is a simple lever connected to a pot then the conversion would be more complex.....it would be limited to a servo motor type of arrangement which is not the ideal.

I have engineered such both ways in my experience.

Anything is possible though.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate