Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
125 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

I have a spare set of fire control handles, sans the switch mechanism.

However they are red, and the lettering is vertical. Pics to come tonight
Ray Sotkiewicz

Joe Lavery

Thanks Ray,
Much appreciated.
If you could also give me the size of the unit that would be great.

Joe
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Trooping

Trev, Ray et all,

Thanks for jumping in with the details on those handles.  Joe, not much else left to answer.  I am not worried about them being illuminated if that makes things easier.  Also the switch pole diameter does'nt matter, in fact if you keep it solid I will just drill & tap it for whatever switch I decide to go with.

The side caps are grimes bulb/light caps ( I think ) I would say they are around the size of an american 5 cent piece ( half inch roughly )

Not to fussed with intricate detail, just something that looks kinda like them.

Joe.

RayS

Hope these images help! If you're ok with the vertical text, I can just send these to you...
Ray Sotkiewicz

fsaviator

I finally got her airborne today!

Still need to
-map the annunciators/outputs
-rerun some of the MIP backlighting
-figure out the encoders within Prosim
-for some reason my Polulu Maestro in the MIP is not showing up
-get the audio configured
-set up the comms
-figure out why the Captain side recall switch doesn't work

I did get to fly a circuit though.  I also need to finally get around to putting the liner back up in front of the overhead.  right now it's just sitting on the glareshield.

If you closely at the second picture, you'll see my next big headache.  Projectors are starting to fail - and I need to at some point decide if I go the projector or five LCD route next.

Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

RayS

That looks gorgeous. Glad you're able to get back into the pattern!
Ray Sotkiewicz

Joe Lavery

Thanks for the photo Ray, that should be fine.
I'll have a look at drawing it when I get home later today.

Regards
Joe
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Joe Lavery

Hi Guys,

Just arrived home from my travels, so I thought I'd draw up this handle for (the other Joe). Image Attached.
I've made the two end bits separately but they can be printed as one unit if you prefer, my thought being they could be printed in transparent red filament and fitted with a 3m LED... just a thought  ;)
Anyway I assume that John will be printing these, I can supply whichever style you prefer. 

Let me know if they look okay and I'll upload them to John and Thingiverse.

Joe.

blueskydriver

Hey Joe,

Man that is some nice work you did! You're one heck of an artist/modeler!

Okay, send me all the files for the items together and separate. I'll get things setup and order the transparent/translucent red and white filament.

For the Joe who wants these items, my deal is that you only pay for the materials and shipping. Thus, I can send you the links for ordering the filament spools, and then you place the order, having the items shipped to me. Or, I just bill you and you pay me via PayPal (shipping would be included). Assumingely, you've worked out compensation with Joe Lavery already, so I leave that to you and him...

For anyone else following along, this method of getting things modeled by Joe and printed by me is going rather well. If you have something in mind, post about it and who knows, it might be doable.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Way to go Warren! You are back in the wild blue yonder...HOORAY!

Regarding your choice of projectors over LCD monitors, I'd suggest going to visit Scott Wagner or one of the other guys who are doing the monitors. That way you get a feel for it before committing to them.

Also, can you just buy some new chips for your projectors and exchange them yourself to fix the white dot/dead pixel issues?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trooping

Good Morning All,

Thanks again everyone for the pics, dimensions etc.

Joe,

Those handles look great, thanks so much for doing that and the tip with illumination.  Again, please let me know how to compensate you ( pm if you want to )

John,

Yeah if you want to order the filament ( probably better as you know what to get ) and I will just fix you up via paypal for everything ( reply to this post or pm me with details).  Out of curiosity, how much filament would something like this use?

Joe.

Joe Lavery

Thanks Joe,

But I'm not expecting anything for drawing these for you, it's my pleasure.  ;)
If it was a complex drawing I may have to consider my time, so I hope these work out okay for you, I have modeled them with an 8mm hole in the base for you to attach a switch, or however you're going to construct them.
You will have to drill a small hole to take the LED and pf course route the wires through the handle to power them.  I could have modeled these tracks but you said you had no intention of illumining them..  :-\ Still it will be easy enough if you go that route.

All the best.

John, I'll email you the files later today. I have split them into a complete unit with the ends attached, (which is the simplest design), a single center section and a file with both end parts. I would suggest printing them at .1 mm layer height to make sure the text is clear. But of course that's your department.

Cheers
Joe.

Joe L.

_alioth_

My new ( very old) HSI collins 331a is finished, and interfaced with A2A Comanche in Prepar3d v4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY412JhUY6I&t=35s

I sold my king 525a to a friend, so I needed a new one for me. I really like this HSI.
I took out link2fs and now I write my own comunications scripts through FSUIPC.
I will migrate to this new way of communication all the instruments.

Arturo.

navymustang

Wow - I am so impressed with OEM guys and their hard work.  Scares me - give me off the shelf whenever possible  :)
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Trevor Hale

Quote from: _alioth_ on October 22, 2018, 09:53:24 AM

My new ( very old) HSI collins 331a is finished, and interfaced with A2A Comanche in Prepar3d v4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY412JhUY6I&t=35s

I sold my king 525a to a friend, so I needed a new one for me. I really like this HSI.
I took out link2fs and now I write my own comunications scripts through FSUIPC.
I will migrate to this new way of communication all the instruments.

Arturo.
Think I just crapped myself..  Nice....  I have no idea how you guys do it either, but waaaay out of my league.
Nicely done.
Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

blueskydriver

Joe (Mesa),

Okay, I will get with you via PM about all of this soon... As for your question, I would guess a quarter roll or thereabouts. There are small spools and large. However, I buy the larger to make sure I have enough, better more then less I always say...lol!

John

Joe Lavery

In case anyones's interested in the B1900 Fire Handle files, they're now on Thingiverse for anyone to freely download.
If you have a 3D printer it's a marvelous source of designs.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3170658

Joe L

fsaviator

Quote from: blueskydriver on October 22, 2018, 07:09:07 AM
Regarding your choice of projectors over LCD monitors, I'd suggest going to visit Scott Wagner or one of the other guys who are doing the monitors. That way you get a feel for it before committing to them.

Thanks, John.  As Scott can tell you, I've been trying to get up there to visit for years to see his setup, and he's done all but convince me the LCDs are the way to go.  I do love that immersion with the projectors though.

Also, can you just buy some new chips for your projectors and exchange them yourself to fix the white dot/dead pixel issues?

My current projectors aren't HD (tells you how long I've had them...), so I won't put any more money into them.  The cost of the DLP chips isn't worth it.  I did replace one with a used one a while back and it helped.  I also popped all the chips out and replaced the thermal paste, but they were already on the way out.  Just bought some time really.

The real issue is I'm a year out from retirement, and about 18 months from leaving Tampa to settle in Greece for a few years.  Not sure if I want to make a 16ft x 16ft space a factor again at that point as my house there won't accommodate easily.  Let's see what this holiday shopping season does to prices.
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

RayS

Had a chance to lower the left/right seat platforms by an inch tonight. I'm of a relatively tall stature so the original  seat height felt normal. However,m when friends came over to fly it was less than comfortable for them. (Luckily my seats adjust!)

Still to do:
1. Align the 3rd projector
2. Install / Link the co-pilot yoke.
3. Re-do the power distribution wiring rats nest
4. Finish building the rear cab
5. install new ventilation system for the eyeball vents
6. Re-wire overhead dimmer controls with KGS LT-70 dimmers
7. Add new 28Vdc power supply to drive dimmers
8. Install new side panels with windows / doors
9. Connect everything to server rack
10. Install working windshield wipers

It's still a long list, but slowly getting there......

Ray Sotkiewicz

Bob Reed

Once again, I flew it!! And I did start tinkering again. I am stuck with an autobrake problem that is related to the aircraft I am using. If I use the PM flight model the Autobrake works fine. If I use the SimA flight model I can not get the Autobrake to go into RTO mode. It is a user issue I am sure... Will figure it out. Nice to be back!

Bob Reed

Well today was for flying. Got up and around early so I could try and fix that brake issue and I did! User error in the FSUIPC settings. Plane flew better then I ever remember it flying and the visuals are stunning. I found the issue in my view group and wow... Oh totally by accident.... I have switched out my flight model from the PM one to SimA's newest. Here are a few pics from a couple of todays flights....

kurt-olsson

Today i missed out on both Window Trim and Gear handle on ebay...

bernard S

blueskydriver

Hey Bernard,

Looks very nice, but it appears that you're going for an ATC setup (which is awesome), as those console units are very similar to tower ATC units...

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate