Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 15, 2024, 11:05:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
57 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Live trip along the Norwegian coastline

Started by ivar hestnes, June 18, 2011, 11:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivar hestnes

Something completely different here.

Interesting voyage along the norwegian coastline live for 134 hours.
Moving map, and live feed from the boat continiously.

Worth a look

http://nrk.no/hurtigruten/?lang=en

Maurice

That must be one heck of a beautiful voyage. Wish I were there  :)
Have you ever taken this trip yet?

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

ivar hestnes

Actually never taken the trip. It is on my wishlist.
See the boats almost every day when I am home. These ships travel the coast 365 days a year. They are an institution.

Very nice to watch. Make me a little bit sentimental, knowing where I am. Only sand here, lol.

pebo

Have done the trip and is highly recommended Ivar, except of the price that is  :(

Have seen most of the world, but the peace and beauty on this trip is hard to beat.

For the moment, enjoy the sand and sun Ivar, to much rain her lately anyway  :laugh:

Per
Grounded

Joe Lavery

Hi Ivar, I started watching the video out of curiosity at first and have watched far too much of it over the last few days :), I find the welcome from people on shore quite emotional at times. Quite a strange feeling when you're not actually there.
This is a trip I would love to take with my wife, perhaps when I finally retire.

Thanks again Ivar for the introduction to a Norwegian classic.  :idiot:

All the best
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

ivar hestnes

I am glad that you like it guys  :)

The TV channel sure has managed to make this into something really special. Surpriced myself of how much people that show up in the ports and in smaller boats along the path. A show that make me in a good mood for sure.

You are a lucky man Per  :) I am sure it is expenive, but well worth it. I have a hard time to see a better way to explore the world and relax at the same time.

The company that operate this coastal route was theoretically bancrupt a few months ago, but fortunately our government has funded, so the routes can operate as usual Would be very sad if this route disappeared. For the interested, one or two of these vessels go for a passenger cruise to antarctic one time a year. Perfect for penguin spotting  ;) These ships are designed for rough sea. With the sometimes very rough weather on our coastline, it is rare that it stops the ships from going.

As the ship is moving north towards Kirkenes close to the russian border, you can also see the midnightsun. It is daylight 24hour up north now.
Time in Norway is GMT +1.

:)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate