Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
151 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 151
Total: 152

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FSX unable to start, HELP!!!!

Started by Sam Llorca, July 11, 2012, 06:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Llorca

Hi guys, after I received my new cockpit I try to start FSX and keeps shutting down and it says... "FATAL ERROR OCCURRED, PROGRAM WILL SHUT DOWN" No changes has been made to the program, it was install and saved at FDS, I just open it up and try to load it, been trying for the past 3 days, no luck!!!, need help. Thanks.

Bob Reed

Silly question, is the DVD in the drive?

jonesthesoftware

Hi Sam
have you changed any hardware in your PC? USB ports added, Graphics card or driver changes. Maybe a log file problem see this link
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Problem_Resolving_%28FSX%29#FSX_will_not_start
might help
regards
geoff
Building a 767 cockpit

blueskydriver

Hi Sam,

Try System Restore first! You could've had an update via Windows OS that has corrupted something in FSX or a part of the OS that works with it, like graphic drivers, .dll files & etc. In System Restore you will see if an update has been made and generally, System Restore works in three ways that it saves backups:

1. Backups or Restore files (both mean the same for restoring) that are made because of a Windows update. This type of backup will say something "Windows update and/or blah, blah, blah and have a date in which it happened

2. Backups that are made automatically at invertals that Windows does anytime your machine is running. Usually daily, but they might be less frequent. Either way they are called Restore Points and they'll have the date.

3. Backups you've made yourself, you named them based on whatever reason you were needing a restore point, and they will have the date.

It is number 3 above that people really should be in love with. Anytime you or someone else does something to your computer regarding hardware or software, you should make a restore point. This way you can always undo something that you've done on purpose or by mistake. Also, not many people know that you can run a Windows Restore outside of Windows to fix a computer that fails to boot to Windows. You do the restore via a DOS command, so if you can at least get a "safe mode" command line, you can excute the Restore line code. I have it somewhere, I will post it later tonight.

Finally, try the System Restore first, because in most cases, it will fix the problem your facing with Windows or any other program that has stopped working for unknown reasons...

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Sean

Probably not the problem in your case, but the only time I got this during FS startup was due to corrupt addon scenery files. The offending scenery was uninstalled/reinstalled and the problem was sorted.

Bob Reed

Quote from: Sean Nixon on July 11, 2012, 09:27:08 AM
Probably not the problem in your case, but the only time I got this during FS startup was due to corrupt addon scenery files. The offending scenery was uninstalled/reinstalled and the problem was sorted.

No I think it is a corrupted file, but where? Restore points only work as long as files have not been changed. Try deleting something and then hit restore  the deleted files will not be back.

Garys

If I remember correctly, your using warpalizer for your warping software. Try renaming your d3d9.dll to d3d9.dll.bak and try launching FSX again.

Gary

Sam Llorca

Yea Gary, I think is that but I'm afraid to change anything without FDS approval, remember they change the FSX.cfg  file, also I'm sure the USB position changes may have affected it too, meanwhile I need to get all the information ready, to everyone who posted to help me on this topic let me say THANK YOU, YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.!!!!

Sam Llorca

I have tried system restore, replacing the cfg file, No CD on tray, i inserted the FSX installation CD and try to repair it, no luck, Hope FDS can come  and fix this problem, THANK YOU GUYS!!!

Garys

Hi Sam, Hope your able to get this sorted out pretty quickly.

By renaming the the d3d9.dll to d3d9dll.bak in your fsx folder doesnt hurt the file at all. It still keeps all its same properties but renaming it to .bak only makes the file not load on FSX startup which is required by the warpalizer software. What that does is rule out that file which is the new link between fsx and directx as somehow being corrupt. If FSX starts, FSX would still start as normal but you just wouldnt see any of your warping features. If it doesnt start then rename the file back to d3d9.dll as you know its not the problem. Direct X problems can cause the same symptons your seeing as well. Dont play around too much with the files until you hear back from FDS.

Gary

blueskydriver

Contact FDS.
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Trevor Hale

Hey Sam,  This really sucks, I can imagine that it is pretty painful.  Additionally I understand you don;t want to mess anything up.  Did you ever talk with FDS about the "Imaging of the PC's" Like we had discussed.  Please keep us updated as to the progress.  I think many of us are reluctant to help in case it messes up what FDS has done.  I really hope this is a quick fix.  Also, I am hoping they can fix it remotely without the need of a visit.

How did you make out with your 3 phase convertor?

Stay in touch.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Sam Llorca

Hey Trev, I'm sure they can fix it but meanwhile I'm looking at my candy everyday and can't eat it, on the phase converter it turn out to be way too expensive, We opted for a 3-phase generator with a manual switch to run the platform and in case of a storm I can flip the switch and use it as a back up generator for the whole house, meanwhile I'm enclosing the sim area with drywall to keep the space cool during operation. Thank you again!! I'll keep you posted. Cheers.

Jon Boe

Hi Sam,

I'm sorry that you are having FSX problems.  What I would suggest doing is taking the d3d9.dll out of the FSX folder and putting it on the desktop.  You could rename it instead as suggested earlierl.  You can't mess anything up as all the dll does is start Warpalizer when you start FSX.  If FSX starts normally the only thing that won't be correct is your warping/blending on the screen.

I had an occasion or two  where the same thing happened to me while I was testing Warpalizer.  Replacing the dll with an original copy from the Warpalizer folder on the C: drive fixed it.

If you can boot FSX fine after you remove it I would suggest exiting FSX and putting the dll back in.  If it crashes again, then you need to replace a corrupt dll file.   As mentioned above, another copy is in the Warpalizer folder on the root directory.

Cheers,

Jon
B737 MAX.  FDS DSDT.  205 degree U Screen, 3-projector system with P3D V4.5.  Sim-Avionics software.

ivar hestnes

Sam...

As Gary writes. Try to rename the d3d9.dll to something else. To rule out if the warpalizer is causing this. It is most likely not the issue if it worked before though... Also try to replace the .dll with the original one from the warpalizer folder located in c: drive.Also make sure that the warpalizer USB dongle is installed in the computer.

Other things: Is the computer overclocked? Can you check your CPU temperatures? Any chance CPU-cooler have "shuffled" itself during transport?

I would avoid messing with system restore though. This can really mess up things. The FSX repair was also not a good idea. This "repair" might change settings that should been there... Making things only worse.

Also check your resolutions... Desktop, and FSX resolution should match. FSX resolution can be found in the fsx.cfg file. Make sure it is the same resolutions that was there when the simulator worked.

blueskydriver

Since you did not do the installs or make changes yourself, which I assumed you did and thereby recommended the System Restore, your best bet is let FDS handle it. Ivar is right, don't mess with it any further, have FDS guys fly in to visit you...Peter, Steve and crew are jetsetters and good at fixing things, and they're just as good at fixing it over the phone...

BSD

Sam Llorca

I know John, I'm gonna leave it along until Steve can work on it, even tho I admit that I try to fix it for a whole day, maybe I screw something else, Who knows, thank you for your reply, Now I know I have a huge family I can count on, CHEERS!!!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate