Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:44:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
245 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 246
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 245
Total: 246

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

208b home cockpit

Started by miloguy, January 13, 2014, 05:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miloguy

G'day every one.

sorry for my absence  for some time now ,
was getting into flight sim x before  but my father past away over christmas ,was full time carer .
Any way now I have some time sort of,
I am getting back into the idea of a cessna grand caravan 208 b styled home cockpit, thanks to the guys in my earlier post for their respones.
I hope some day to have a hanger (shed) in the back yard set up for it..

looking at different ideas, and what to and how to start..
as stated before most home cockpits are the 172's , so mine will be different..

thanks guys..

milo
My favorite plane of all time is the Cessna Grand Caravan 208b!

blueskydriver

Hi Milo,

Sorry to hear about losing your Father. There is no need to apologize. Some of us old timers are on here a lot it might seem, but we too go off somewhere for a bit. Heck, I'm getting ready to fly my RC airplanes for Spring already, so when nice weather comes, I'll be outside and not inside doing sim or forum.

You've picked a good plane to do. Take your time and research it, as well as fly what you have. For me, I am a "stick in the mud" type person. In other words, I only fly the B737-800 (or B727-200 once it ever gets going) and I figure it's best for me too do that because flying anything else just seems weird. So, if the C208b is your baby, stick with her and learn everything about it inside & out. Get to know her in your sleep and dreams...

Finally, always post updates and with pics. No matter how small the item, posting lets others know where you are in your build, and then they might have some tidbits about that particular item or point.

John

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

miloguy

Thanks John, much appreciate your thoughts..
I haven't made up my mind if I want to do a full on full cockpit ie in a shed thing or in my back sun room, even though it would  just fit in their...

where do people get the cabins ? do they build them themselves or buy them ? I have looked around the site and the 737's are amazing what people build !
this is my current set up,

miloguy

also where can i find the fuel flow gauges in the 208?
ie usb ones ? i need a pair , ?
what other gauges will i need?

blueskydriver

Hi Milo,

Let's start backwards:

Most people either get a shell from 1 of 3 places; from places like FDS, from salvage companies like Universal Asset Management (UAM), or from Ebay if you're lucky enough to find one. Now, if not through those outlets, a person will build it from plans, measurements or even just photos. They'll use metal, wood, plexiglass or a combination of those three.

Next, as for your shed or back sun room, it all depends on how big you're going to build it. Meaning, will it be the shell, tv monitors or projectors with curved screen, or no shell and just computer monitors. In all cases, you have to take into account your electrical needs, heating or air conditioning, room size, and/or your family, friends and neighbors (how will they feel about it matters).

Finally, you get real gauges from places like www.oncealoft.com or you could get SimKits USB kit and make whatever gauge you want from the multiple backers that come in the box. Also, you could just use your monitors and make the main instrument panel (MIP) for your plane, and then place it in front of the monitors. There are many add-on programs that will allow you to make on-screen gauges too suite your needs

Also, if possible, try to go visit someone on here who has a full-size sim, as that will give you the eye opening experience that you need...just ask around.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

miloguy

thanks again john, at this stage im tossing up with having a 42 in screen for the main vc view
then have 2 27's each side one for mapping and the other for all my little windows at least do a desktop set up for the time being..

is there any one here in the nsw (Australian state) that has a cessna home set up?

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate