Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:14:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
114 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 114
Total: 114

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Reshade or Others-FSX/P3D/XPlane Visual Shader Mods

Started by blueskydriver, November 13, 2015, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey Everyone,

This thread is to discuss Reshade (or others that do the same), a visual shader mod that can be used in FSX, P3D and Xplane. It was mentioned in a different post, but I thought it best to start a new post here.

Mainly, Reshade is an VisualFX Mod that changes the scenery colors/effects/lighting and so on. You really have too try it in order to see the true effects. There are many videos on YouTube concerning this, along with many tutorials on how to install it. I starting using a Shader Mod back in 2013, but never mentioned or posted about it. Based on DX9, it was a mod called ENB Series and the FX effects were taken from the game Grand Theft Auto and incorporated into ENB for use with other games. It's kind of like how Visual Rendering Engines are developed...a common know one is the Doom Rendering Engine, in a sense.

The point is, Reshade is a VisualFX Mod that works with DX10 and DX11, and it is much better than ENB. You really should try this utility in your sim program, be it FSX, P3D, Xplane or even FS9 (use ENB for that version/for you Jack), it really makes an astounding difference...

I will provide links in my next post,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

ENB video:

http://youtu.be/n49lWWi2rLo

Reshade:

Here is a good youtube tutorial:

http://youtu.be/hmTKMsQIu9w

Here is a video from someone that did test Reshade with P3D:

http://youtu.be/eIvsCAcio0k
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

HarryZ

Hi John,

I viewed one of the tutorials on You Tube and saw something that  could be a big concern if one uses image/blending software for their projectors set up.

The person had you change the name of a DLL file that you had to copy to FS X and P3D to D3D9.DLL from its original name. This is if your sim used DX9 which FS X uses.  I know that for Warpalizer to work (not sure what other blending software uses)  one has to copy a D3D9.DLL file into FS X. One can't have two D3D9.DLL files so that set up wouldn't work.  Always something!!
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

blueskydriver

Hi Harry,

You're talking about Reshade correct? I don't remember which way it is for ENB, but I use NTHUSIM with it. I'll take a further look at this and get back too you on it...

John

quid246

I wasn't able to get Reshade to work with P3D V3... I placed the dxgi.dll file into the directroy, booted up P3D and it just hangs on the main title screen.

The error log gives me tonnes of "Failed to install hook for '0x7372839E' with status code 7." with different addresses.

HarryZ

Quote from: blueskydriver on November 14, 2015, 08:06:35 AM
Hi Harry,

You're talking about Reshade correct? I don't remember which way it is for ENB, but I use NTHUSIM with it. I'll take a further look at this and get back too you on it...

John

Hi John,

The video I saw wasn't done showing a projector set-up but a monitor.  The narrator, who spoke and moved quickly in his tutorial,  copied a file from Reshade into the sim's folder and then suggested you re-name to D3D9.DLL so it would work properly. Why, I don't know but as soon as he mentioned the rename and I saw the name, I knew it would cause a problem with Warpalizer.  Have no idea if it would do the same with other blending software or if one could leave the original name of the file that came with Reshade.

Interested to hear what you discover.
Harry
Flight Plus Software LTD
London, ON   Canada
airsim@flightplus.ca
Toll Free 1-866-662-0985

RayS

Likewise, I wasn't able to get this to work with X-Plane 10.4 either. Got the dreaded CTD.

Luckily I make regular backups of my X-Plane directory.
Ray Sotkiewicz

blueskydriver

Okay guys, I did some checking and found a couple more ways of showing you how too do this.

Look at this for help:

https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/2015/05/10/reshade-very-impressed/

Now, from what I read, just rename the Reshade file to dxgi.dll and not to the d3dx9.dll. I know the dxgi.dll is for DirectX10, but try it for FSX even if you have it set for the DirectX9 mode.

If you have FSX set for DX10 preview, you will get the faulty files that are know for this mode. However, you can purchase Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer for FSX, and it will fix the scenery issues. You can find that here:

https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/how-to-purchase/

As for Xplane, are you using the 32bit or 64bit version? Your bit version in use is what decides which one of these Reshade32.dll or Reshade64.dll you will use. Otherwise, maybe Rob can help out with the Xplane side. I have XPlane 10 installed, but I'm trying to get FSX working for now...

John

blueskydriver

Okay guys, put this on hold as I have tried it further, but I am getting CTD errors and other errors regarding the g3d.dll file even though I did not change it... Figures, I would go and mess up my main sim setup rather than using my FSX testing machine. Silly me for thinking would work right out of the gate!

John

MjTom

Quote from: blueskydriver on November 14, 2015, 11:00:29 PM

As for Xplane, are you using the 32bit or 64bit version? Your bit version in use is what decides which one of these Reshade32.dll or Reshade64.dll you will use. Otherwise, maybe Rob can help out with the Xplane side. I have XPlane 10 installed, but I'm trying to get FSX working for now...

John

for XP the  reshade32.dll or reshade64.dll must rename.
I have a working installation manual for XP....sorry, only in german.

1. Download "ReShade 0.15.0 + SweetFX 2.0" Archiv von http://reshade.me/#download
2. Das Archive entpacken in das X-Plane 10 Hauptverzeichnis (z.B. P:\X-Plane 10")
Dadurch entsteht im X-Plane Verzeichnis das Unterverzeichnis SweetFX und im Hauptverzeichnis
die Dateien:
- ReShade32.dll
- ReShade64.dll
- Sweet.fx
- README.txt
- EULA.txt
- ReShade Setup.exe
3. Die Dateien "README.txt" , "EULA.txt" und "ReShade Setup.exe" brauchen wir nicht und können gelöscht werden
4. Jetzt die Datei reShade64.dll in opengl32.dll umbenennen (Gilt für X-Plane 10 64Bit)
Für X-Plane 32Bit bitte die Datei reShade32.dll in opengl32.dll umbenennen.

[Wichtig!!!! unter Windows darauf achten das die Dateienamenerweiterungen (z.B. .exe, .dll etc.) angezeigt werden !!!!]
5. Jetzt X-Plane starten. Es müsste oben links der Text:
"ReShade 0.15.0.717 by Crosire"
"Loading effect .... Compiling effect ..... success" erscheinen
6. Zuerst sind keine Effekte aktiv. Diese müssen in der Datei "\X-Plane 10\SweetFX\SweetFX_settings.txt" aktiviert werden
Dazu diese Datei in einem Editor aufrufen und z.B. USE_EXPLOSION auf 1 setzten . z.B. aus:
#define USE_EXPLOSION 0 //[0 or 1] Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.
wird
#define USE_EXPLOSION 1 //[0 or 1] Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.
7. Einfach diese Datei speichern. ReShade erkennt im laufenden Betrieb das sich die Settings geändert haben und compiliert neu.
(Die Anzeige oben links zeigt das an.) X-Plane muss dazu nicht beendet und gestartet werden. Das geht on the fly!
8. Hotkeys: In den Standard Settings ist die "Rollen" Taste unter Windows definiert als Hotkey zum aktivieren/Deaktivieren von ReShade.

so long, Thomas

727737Nut

I have x-plane 10.41, works fine for me.  Makes my Projector look allot better. I let it install itself then manually renamed the reshade64.dll file to opengl32.dll
737 Junkie

RayS

I'm on the latest working build for X-Plane64 (10.41)

All I did was install it, configure it and start X-Plane. I didn't do any file renaming or anything at that point.

So now, since I removed the X-Plane directory that Reshade installed to, do I have to re-install again, remove/reinstall, or do a reconfigure using the existing install?

And Rob, is that all you did was rename that reshade DLL to OpenGL ?

Ray Sotkiewicz

727737Nut

yes Ray, that is all I did.  Oh and I rebooted my PC. 

Rob
737 Junkie

RayS

Welp.. tried that and no joy... And it froze the computer during the delete of the original binaries.

Safe to say I'm no longer exploring this app until it's a bit more system/user friendly....

Over and out.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate