Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:10:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
219 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 227
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

12' Diameter Projection Screen - Good size?

Started by quid246, December 07, 2015, 11:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quid246

Trying to price out a small "hangar" (15 x 15) for the backyard and want to make sure I have enough room (unfortunately the yard is only so big)...

So the one consideration I had was the planned screen.. I was thinking going for a 12' diameter (200 degrees, 23' arc length) screen. 

Is this good size, as I am planning on using 3 x Optima 1080GTs?

Aerosim Solutions

I think that 12' might be a little tight, if you could stretch to the full width of your 15 foot space it would be better. Your projectors would do the display ok but your cockpit might impede the throw and give you shadows. I could be wrong but mine is 4.5m diameter (14') and should be fine. Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

quid246

Thanks Gwyn.  Yeah I can probably go 14' wall to wall, as I think I'll lose a foot due to wall width.  But I will see if I can squeeze the extra foot in the yard and have 15' interior dimensions.

xplanematt

I've run into similar considerations on my Sabreliner project. The Municipality (tm) only "allows" me 600sqft TOTAL for out-buildings (yes, two 300sqft buildings would max it out). That's only marginally bigger than my garage. We are now planning on moving out to the country. :P

Matt

Flying_Fox

With 15' x 15 ' you could easily fit at least 14 ft  radius screen, turning it to the corner. Don't make it 12' if you can - besides the projector positioning issues you still need a convenient space to walk around the shell and do some work on it.

With my room roughly 15' x 12'  (456 x 370 cm) I have ~200 cm radius screen. If I had more space I would go for 250 cm radius.

:2cw:

Nick

Ridgenj

Hi Adam,

I have a 16 by 16  feet room and decided to go with a 12' diameter screen and 180 FOV.
It is a custom built and nothing  can  e changed. Today I would go with 14' and 225 FOV in order to accommodate three Optoma GT 1080. I have used all formulas and tutorials I could find and my distance for the middle projector including correction for sagitta comes to 49inches.This pretty close to the screen and I don't trust my math at all.
One has to be careful because of the lack of zoom and  if you miss, good luck when warping.
My advice is go bigger and your neighbor will certainly forgive you for being in his yard.
Cheers
Luis

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate