Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:50:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
218 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 227
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

"Readback correct"

Started by RayS, September 12, 2016, 09:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

...when there's more flying than building.  :angel: 8)
Ray Sotkiewicz

Caflyt

I envy you guys. I seem to be stuck in the endless building loop.
The problem for me is every time a learn something new I have to tear down something old to rebuild it and it never seems to end.
Some day ......... ::)

FredK

But lucky guy you then.......building is half the fun!

My cockpit is essentially 98% of the way complete of where it will ever be.  It took about 13 years to get there....with many fits and starts and changes in direction that we all can well appreciate. 

So on one hand the joy is that I do find myself flying more than ever now (mostly on VATSIM).

But on the other hand the disappointment is that I also miss the build process.  My current activities in that regard are relegated to fine tuning things and software/hardware upgrades etc.

I have contemplated embarking on a second project for a different aircraft, but doing such would mean finding a place for it. Such would mean a rental location somewhere since I am too emotionally attached to my 737 build to ever tear it down....and it is flying very nicely now.  So all that is more in the realm of fantasy, but it does make for some pleasant dreams.  The one possibility is a conversion to a 737Max at some point.

So Craig....just be careful what you wish for!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Caflyt

Warning heeded Fred,

I do love the building though....one day I would like to be able to sit down and actually enjoy the fruits of my labor.
I have learned so much in this process that I wouldn't trade for anything. It probably would have been cheaper (and quicker) to buy production parts and put it all together in a week or two but 3+ years later I would not have gained all the knowledge and skills I've gained had I not set out to build much of it myself.
Still sometimes I dream of the day I can stroll out to the "hangar" and just enjoy flying.

So much foul language and stuff getting thrown around that I won't miss......although Vanessa will probably still do that even when it is done  :o

Bob Reed

So much I still need to do on my sim but I am to a point I can fly.... And I see a huge slowdown in building and fixing! Last night ATL to SRQ real weather and P3D ATC. This weekend I am going to try Pilot2atc
.. Will report back what I think.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate