Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:59:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
125 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

MIP BAE146 - RJ85

Started by RJ85, April 04, 2018, 08:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RJ85

Hi,

someone could tell me the measurements of the few elements marked on the attached image in mm if possible. James gave me a 5 x 6 inch size for the MFD but I don't know if it's the screen size or bezel included.

Single-user cockpit RJ85 in progress : QualityWings, P3D v3
EFDE/FDBus cards, homecockpits.fr panels

GyverX

The Problem is perspective. You need a front on image. And even that will have issues. What you might want to do is fin a 2d panel of the aircraft from FSX or P3D in a google search. then from there you would need to inlarge the image.... What aircraft is this?  The standard size of most gauges is 6 1/4 which is 158.75mm (6.25" × 25.4= 158.75mm) Mip Gauges are usually (I think) 3.5 Inches 88.9mm.

In any case, One you have one measured and a full front on view (2D) its easy to measure the rest.

GyverX

I wanted to get the first replay out there for you I will let you know how I got where I am at in the attached image. What I did it took the mdl model file from FSX Flight1 PC12. imported it into a program called ModelConverterX  Simple little program then exported tot a 3ds file. I then imported into Sketch Up 17. Not the latest as it is now web based. Then I deleted everything but the cockpit. Measured the Autopilot bezel (6 1/4 Inches) then I resized the whole thing until that measurement came to the correct measurement. Now I can measure anything and I can get a correct size for anything. I all ways save a back up after I have resized it. then import that or make a new project sketch so I don't mess up what I have done so I don't have to go through that process again. 

Its a process but it worked for me. I hope this will help

Jason

RJ85

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.

This is a good idea but I don't have any precise enough measurements of a MIP element to get a correct size of anything. In addition the MIP panel is inclined. The height is slightly disproportionate. Before, I knew an RJ pilot but he flew on A320 :(

GyverX

Quote from: RJ85 on April 05, 2018, 03:56:05 AM
Thank you for taking the time to answer me.

This is a good idea but I don't have any precise enough measurements of a MIP element to get a correct size of anything. In addition the MIP panel is inclined. The height is slightly disproportionate. Before, I knew an RJ pilot but he flew on A320 :(

I might be able to help, What is the make and model of the aircraft you are looking at?

RJ85

GyverX

Give me some time I working on it  ;)

GyverX

OK, Here is what I came up with. What I did is I had to cross reference what I thought was the size of a few gauges with none other than the stupid note pad. Those are commonly 3X5 in

hope this helps
Jason

RJ85

Hi Jason,

Thanks, it's a good job. I'll study your picture and make a plan to scale.

GyverX

If you have Photoshop I can send you the PSD  Not the best quality but it work-able

RJ85

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot, no need PSD. Here is the result of my work. The plan is to scale, I hope it will be as precise as possible.

GyverX

That looks really good, Please keep us all updated on your progress on that

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate