Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:40:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
103 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Worldflight Team USA 2021 - Official Announcement

Started by Trevor Hale, August 20, 2021, 04:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

Hi Guys,

Well as most of you are aware we have all been watching the status of Covid, and the Delta Variant very closely. 

The US yesterday has extended the Border restriction for another 30 days and I expect with the rise in cases things will be extended again, which means Kyle and I are out.  Even if they somehow managed to lift the restrictions,  Covid tests are required on both sides of the border which adds another $500 to the trip. 

I have had a very long conversation with Sam last night, and things there aren't much better on his end.  Covid has his his business hard, But like many businesses he runs his business well and they are still making out ok.  Actually some exciting News, is he and Laura are in the process of working/starting another amazing venture that has been keeping him away from home quite a bit.

Unfortunately things are going to have to remain the status quo, and we will have to cancel again this year.

I know each of you found a place to go last year, and I encourage you to do the same again this year.  This is not the news you guys wanted to hear, but it is however the news I am delivering.

I really can't wait for things to go back to normal here.

See you all in the virtual skies.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

dougsnow

RayS

James and I will most likely spin up Worldflight-US-West, same as last year.

It was a grind but a lot of fun.

I have to say though... that I REALLY miss everyone. WF is the one event/time of year that I moved heaven and earth to attend only because of the friendships I've built there, the camaraderie, and the memories.

I hope we come out of this pandemic soon but if history is any indicator, we are in for some tough times ahead.

Ray Sotkiewicz

FredK

I echo Ray's sentiments and comments completely.

UAL1120 will be operating during WF with a truncated schedule here in Virginia.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

dougsnow

I've already XLD my vacation for WF this year, but I'll be glad to dispatch you when the time comes...

Vincent T.

I totally understand and these are indeed trying times. As of now I still plan to travel to Virginia and be part of Fred's team. We've made the hotel reservations which ofcourse can be cancelled at the wee hours.

Thankfully the vaccines are helping us to live a little better, I hope people can take the vaccines as much as they can, and make the world a little free of this...

WF is surely one of most awaited events in my life, its a time I cherish friendship with people who share the same passion!! See you in the virtual skies and am sure UAL1120 and DAL209 will be in the air for the event.

Cheers!
Vincent

AAnnillo

Aw, this news really sucks canal water.  Am so sorry to hear the gathering won't be happening as planned.  Although I had not planned on attending, I'm saddened to learn that so many here, who have been comrades for so long, won't be able to get together in person.  That bites the big one.

I am planning on making the trip to Flight Sim Expo in San Diego in three (3) weeks time; that will probably be my one-and-only trip during this f-ing pandemic.

Stay safe and please be well, all.

Antny

fsaviator

That sucks.  While I know I wasn't going to make it, I hoped you guys would be able to make it happen.

I'm standing by to see if FSWeekend goes on this side of the Atlantic.
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

jfuenmayor

Hello everyone:

I also expected to see my friends again at WorldFlight this year, and to be honest, deep inside, I had the hunch that this would happen given the current conditions, travel inconveniences etc..I think that all of us have been impacted one way or another by this pandemic, and since I am in the medical field, I have been a little closer to it, and believe me, it has not been pretty. 

That said, I certainly hope that by next year, the situation will be much better and we will be able to meet again and enjoy as we are used to. Best wishes to Sam and Laura in their new endeavor.

Do not let your guard down and stay safe.

Joaquin

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate