Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:49:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
495 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 495
Total: 495

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Essentials for a successful X-Plane 10 migration

Started by 737SimGuy, June 11, 2012, 07:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nat Crea

Hi James....

Sorry for the confusion...I only installed XPClient on the centre IG to test if it connected which it did...Ill try the 127.... IP

Wont be much fun without warping even if i get it going...think Ill call Immersaview see what they have found :)

$55 bucks in AU...nice find Ken!

Nat

737SimGuy

You can turn on cylindrical projection in the rendering options to try it, it will have a dialog box up though until you buy a pro license. But at least you can see how the built in stiuff works...

James

737SimGuy

Nat,

Here is Torsten's reply regarding SA on same machine as XP:

"No need to use the client if you are on the same computer. Does he pressed the button "connect to fs" in SA ? He uses the Version you sent him ?

The IP of  SA has no influence on the connection of SA and xpuipc"

James

Nat Crea

Thanks James,

In my haste, I inadvertanty kept the XCUIPC Plugin inside the folder it was uploaded and NOT directly inside the XP Plugin Folder...problem solved. :-\

Spoke to the guys at Immersaview, they will look into the OpenGL warping issue asap.

Nat

XOrionFE

Well, finished building the new computers last night.   They are all i7 3930k 6 core computers running 16 gig DDR3 1866 memory, 300 gb 10k velociraptor drives, with EVGA 2gb GTX 560 ti video cards.   I have not overclocked them yet but hope to get around 4.5 or more out of them with the corsair H100 coolers.

Anyway, I have 3 copies of xplane and hopefully will get some results posted by the end of the weekend.

Nat, I believe John C got his setup (th2go single PC) working with NThusim 3.1 and I tested with fly-Elise warping and it worked fine so I imagine the SOL7 folks will find a fix for you.    I am thinking about testing with flat angled screens as well.  In my 12 ft diameter curved screen setup I can see that if I mounted 3 flat screens I would still clear the nose fine and get the surround view and I am thinking curved is not necessarily better.  Mainly because I don't see how the eye will tell.  Having them flat would remove the warping requirement and would provide better focus and clearity across each screen.    That combined with the ability to run at the full 1920x1080 resolution on my DLP projectors (as compared to being stuck at 1280x800 per projector on TH2GO) might make for a much much better view.    In any event, it will be interesting to play with these options.

More to come....

Scott

Nat Crea

Awesome computer specs Scott! :-*

FSX will scream on those computers too...

Nat

Maurice

Quote from: XOrionFE on June 15, 2012, 04:16:29 AM

I am thinking about testing with flat angled screens as well.  In my 12 ft diameter curved screen setup I can see that if I mounted 3 flat screens I would still clear the nose fine and get the surround view and I am thinking curved is not necessarily better.  Mainly because I don't see how the eye will tell.  Having them flat would remove the warping requirement and would provide better focus and clearity across each screen.   

Scott

Hi Scott,

Very interested to find out the results of your experiments if you are still thinking about building a flat screen. I too believe you would end up with a sharper image especially if you also use a higher resolution.

Theoretically at least, you could also use warping software just for the final lining up of the images since projector's position is so much more critical without the warping software. This way, if the projector's alignment changes a bit for any reason (like your kids jumping on the floor above  :), you could at least re-align the views without needing to re-position the projectors.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Bob Reed

Quote from: maurice on June 19, 2012, 08:19:06 AM
Quote from: XOrionFE on June 15, 2012, 04:16:29 AM

I am thinking about testing with flat angled screens as well.  In my 12 ft diameter curved screen setup I can see that if I mounted 3 flat screens I would still clear the nose fine and get the surround view and I am thinking curved is not necessarily better.  Mainly because I don't see how the eye will tell.  Having them flat would remove the warping requirement and would provide better focus and clearity across each screen.   

Scott

Hi Scott,

Very interested to find out the results of your experiments if you are still thinking about building a flat screen. I too believe you would end up with a sharper image especially if you also use a higher resolution.

Theoretically at least, you could also use warping software just for the final lining up of the images since projector's position is so much more critical without the warping software. This way, if the projector's alignment changes a bit for any reason (like your kids jumping on the floor above  :), you could at least re-align the views without needing to re-position the projectors.

Maurice

That was my thinking as well. In fact I will be trying it.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate