Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 10:35:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
581 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 581
Total: 581

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Short-throw LCD Projector?

Started by RayS, June 21, 2012, 11:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayS

I'm in the market for a short-throw LCD projector and I am gravitating to this model:

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-PJD7583wi-Interactive-Ultra-Projector/dp/B004ALM80A/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340348601&sr=8-2&keywords=ultra+short+throw+projector

Anyone have any input?

Ray Sotkiewicz

blueskydriver

Not sure about this projector, but it seems the inputs are VGA too me. A HDMI or DVI is standard for higher res projectors, and if you plan to use a newer video card or TH2GO Triple Head, they are are DVI. You will need a DVI to VGA adapter, but still thinking the quality changes converting to a VGA connection.

If anything, you should be doing DVI or DVI to HDMI conversion. The BenQ projectors or Mitshubishi EW230u-ST like Scott and I have are in this realm. Of course there are other name brands and maybe even view sonic does as well, but you might need to check that part out again...

What type of mount setup will be used and what is the mount pattern of these units? You have to really watch for that as mounting up three projectors can sometimes be difficult if the mounts being used are odd because of the mounting holes on the projectors. You'd think that most projectors are the same like LCD monitors using VESA mounts; well, Projector Makers didn't get the memo to make them all the same, so you have all these different patterns and mount systems that can get confusing.

Oh yeah, check to see how the cooling is done with these units; are the fans on thr front, back or side? It matters when more than one unit is used.

Finally, check the cost of the bulbs and the warranty period, as well as customer support history. Two of my Mits. EW230u-ST had stuck pixels, so I called Mitshubishi and they over-nighted two new ones with no charges to me, nor any shipping fees and I still have 18 months of a 3 year full warranty left. If you have to pay anything for  failures, you should go with another brand...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate