Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 10:08:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
24 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,642
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 75
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

AivlaSoft EFB Display unit problems?

Started by Maurice, August 16, 2012, 01:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

There are many, many things I like about this program but I'm finding it very buggy. On several occasions, the program crashes near the end of a flight usually and when that happens, a window pops up in the FSX PC telling me it crashed and FSX gets minimized. I can go back to FSX and continue flying but this always gives me a mild coronary because my first thought is that it is the dreaded FSX crash instead.

Is anyone using this program and if yes, have you had a similar issue? I have done the FSX Scenery data update in the Data Provider window in FSX but that did not help.

Thanks,
Maurice

Edit: The AivlaSoft webpage is currently unavailable   --  http://www.aivlasoft.com/
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jackpilot

Hey...too much electronics.
Papercharts , approach plates , huge post-it and a good felt pen.
Never fails!!

Justjokin

Glad to feel you are flying and enjoying it. :D

Actually I got a super nice gift from Trev and CB, a bag full of Jepps complete for Europe, so...no EFB!..flipping now through my gift! lol
Jack

Jack

Maurice

Quote from: jackpilot on August 16, 2012, 05:01:36 PM
Hey...too much electronics.
Papercharts , approach plates , huge post-it and a good felt pen.
Never fails!!

You know what I like most about the EFB? It's when you are at a gate and you need to taxi to a particular runway. You can clearly see your aircraft location with all the taxiway numbers and which way you need to go . So, if I ever fly with Vatsim, that will be very useful since I find it very hard to figure that out by just looking at the paper charts. If you tried it, you would love it as well  :)

But I see the website is back up and it looks like they have an update, so I will try it again and see what happens

Maurice

jackpilot

Quote from: maurice on August 16, 2012, 05:27:12 PM
You know what I like most about the EFB? It's when you are at a gate and you need to taxi to a particular runway. You can clearly see your aircraft location with all the taxiway numbers and which way you need to go . Maurice

Agreed
I have that with PM QuickMap on my lower DU. if you zoom down you get taxiways and even parking spots numbers. Real handy.
Jack

Jack

bravolima

hello Maurice,

using Aivlasoft EFB since it came out and I´m happy with it. I suppose you are running FSX and Aivlasoft on the same machine. Do you also have more other programs using simconnect at the same time? Probably this might be the reason EFB crashes. Do a posting in the support forum of Aivlasoft with all the programs you are running and the operation system. I´m sure they will help you. It´s a outstanding friendly crowed. I know them well...

regards

Bernhard (LSZH)
PREPAR3D v4.5 FDS MIP, CDUs, Clocks, Shell, Liners, Tiller; FLIGHTILLUSION Brake-pressure, jaw-damper CPFlight: Overheads, Pedestal; MCP EFIS, OPENCOCKPIT Pedals; FCS: linked Yokes (modified); Weber-Seats on RAIL, ProSim B737 3.0, Aivalsoft EFB Version 2, Navigraph, FSC, BenQ1080 3 Beamer-Visual

Maurice

Quote from: bravolima on August 17, 2012, 11:12:39 AM
hello Maurice,

using Aivlasoft EFB since it came out and I´m happy with it. I suppose you are running FSX and Aivlasoft on the same machine. Do you also have more other programs using simconnect at the same time? Probably this might be the reason EFB crashes. Do a posting in the support forum of Aivlasoft with all the programs you are running and the operation system. I´m sure they will help you. It´s a outstanding friendly crowed. I know them well...

regards

Bernhard (LSZH)

Hi Bernhard,

After doing the latest update, the EFB worked OK on a flight from Toronto to Muskoka, then on to Ottawa & back to Toronto. No crash this time so keeping my fingers crossed  :)
By the way, I run the EFB software on a separate PC and then an IPad to see the EFB screen in the cockpit. Works great and hopefully will continue to do so. But I will post in their forum if I run into any more difficulties

Thanks,
Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate