Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:59:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
560 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-800 Cabin Altitude warning light on MIP...

Started by sagrada737, October 11, 2013, 07:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

I have a question on pressurization, and specifically on the MIP located "CABIN ALTITUDE" warning light indicator (red).

I understand that this warning indicator comes ON when ever the aircraft is not adequately pressurized, allowing the Cabin pressurization to exceed 10,000 ft.  This can be tested by climbing to an altitude of say 24,000 ft. and turning OFF the PACK switches.

Question:  In the 730-800, how long does it take for the Differential Pressure to reduce and the Cabin Altitude to increase above 10,000 ft.  allowing a condition where the CABIN ALTITUDE warning comes ON  - both in your Sim and in the real aircraft?

I'm wanting this information so I can further test my Overhead.  Feedback on this would be appreciated.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Sam Llorca

Hi Mike, I'm going to test it tomorrow Saturday morning, I will pm or call you with the results
If you can solve it before let me know please..
Cheers,
Sam

sagrada737

Hi Sam,

Thanks for testing this on your Sim.  It will be interesting to see what results you come up with.

As a practical matter, our Sims don't really have a Cabin to pressurize, but that's not quite the point - our Sims don't really have Landing Gear either, but we want to have it function.  Pressurization is certainly something in the background, a bit transparent to our typical Sim flight.  As far as our Sims are concerned, it will fly whether our Cabin is pressurized or not, so I'm not getting too distraught if the Cabin Altitude warning light doesn't come ON.  I just want to know how it's modeled and what parameter response I should expect.  Once I understand this, I'll put it behind me.

Thanks again for testing this today.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

andthiel

Hi Mike and Sam

Please have a closer look here:

http://www.b737.org.uk/pressurisation.htm#Cabin_Altitude_Warning_Horn

(That's my favourite website for such kind of questions...)

Regards from Germany,

Andreas

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk HD
Best, Andreas

Sam Llorca

sagrada737

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the link.  I have reviewed this as well prior to asking my question regarding how long it takes for the CABIN ALTITUDE warning light go come ON after the PACKs are turned OFF at an altitude of FL240.

Hopefully Sam's testing will provide some data on this.

Mike

Sam Llorca

Hello Mjke,

I was testing the presuarization system for a few hours, packs off and all, unless I'm missing a step  your results are similar to mine,   It is not necessarily a bad thing, I rearely look or pay attention to this panel, it seems that this particular warning is not modeled. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sam

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate