Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
133 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Team USA Crew!

Started by Bob Reed, November 06, 2013, 03:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Hey folks, if you have taken pictures or videos lets start getting them posted! Jump in here and let the folks know how things have been in your flights! Lets make a little noise!!! Now we need to come up with a snappy slogan we can throw at each other..... Oh I have one... Can I go to sleep now??!!!! lol  :P ;D

Maurice

Sleep is highly overrated Bob  ;D. What are you guys looking at behind you on the right when you are flying?

Great job by the way. I doubt any team flying Worldflight for the first time would have done any better than you guys are doing.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

ETomlin

Maurice, I know the other guys will chime in soon enough but I appreciate your comment about doing this event this well, for the first time on a nearly brand-new sim. You are absolutely right. Lots of new things to figure out and learn first-hand for an event of this magnitude and from what I understand things are running really well now. Being several days into the event sheds lots of light leaning processes and making better use of all sorts of resources, etc. That's clearly accomplished now with 84 hours + of on-hand experience under the belt. I only wish I didnt have to leave after only 24 hours of the event going "live".

BTW, everyone looking back is glancing at the FS Inn software copying the text-delivered instructions from ATC when the voice comms get choppy.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Maurice

Everybody knows that EVERY sim acts up, especially when visitors arrive. They do have a mischievous 'soul' so no excuses are necessary ;D

As for FSX Inn, did the controllers always supply text instructions as well as voice? I was listening in at various times with different teams and I had a very hard time understanding anything (could also have been because of the quality of the video stream).

Thanks,

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Bob Reed

Quote from: Maurice on November 06, 2013, 04:58:07 AM
Everybody knows that EVERY sim acts up, especially when visitors arrive. They do have a mischievous 'soul' so no excuses are necessary ;D

As for FSX Inn, did the controllers always supply text instructions as well as voice? I was listening in at various times with different teams and I had a very hard time understanding anything (could also have been because of the quality of the video stream).

Thanks,

Maurice

First of all thank you Maurice for your support! We need all we can get! When I first joined Vatsim , many moons ago, all there was, was text. :) But the reason they keep looking back there is to make sure they did not miss an ATC instruction. When a controller texts there is a "chime" so if the controller does not get a response by voice, they text. As for understanding some of them, well I think the stream makes some of them sound better then they really sound! Some of the controllers are VERY HARD to understand! 

KyleH

From the flightdeck:

Edit: silly auto rotate
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate