Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:12:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
108 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 108
Total: 109

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prepar3D 2.5

Started by Sam Llorca, February 21, 2015, 05:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam Llorca

Hi, anyone using P3D2.5 and Orbx scenery? All of the sudden I'm experiencing stutter that was not present on version 2.4
I believe Orbx still doesn't support 2.5 is it true?
Can't find a straight answer on their forum.

Thanks,

milezee

Orbx have released new libs to make their products 2.5 friendly (hifi also have a beta active sky next, and rex also)
I've not made the leap yet as its a long day of re-installs, so can't comment.

How did you do your re-install?

Sam Llorca

The reinstall went very straight forward,  I was able to reinstall all my old airport sceneries, FTX global and FTX vector installed ok, but when I tried to load the areas from FTX main it won't load up at all and the program shuts down, ASN won't connect either,  I don't think they are compatible still. Frame rates are much better tho.

Kennair

Hi Sam, not sure if you've found the answer yet but just in case.  The FTX Launcher app didn't work in v2.5 due to LM moving the "terrain.cfg" file.  Orbx have now released an updated ObjectLibrary which you need to run after installing any new FTX product.  This will update scenery objects to the latest library as well as replace your launcher with one that recognises the path to the terrain.cfg file.  All of the Global, Vector etc install correctly and are unaffected, its just that you can't activate them with the old launcher.

I've installed in v2.5 + hotfix and it works fine, and yes I too find this version faster and more stable.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Sam Llorca

Thank you Ken, I found it but was hesitant to run it, since you give me the green light,  I'll run it today! Thank you for your input.

shaneb

Hi Ken,

I've not updated from P3Dv2.4 to P3Dv2.5 yet . . currently I only have ORBX Global and Vector installed . . no addon areas or airports from ORBX.  Do you know if I will  need to update to the new library?  I was not sure if the update applied only to users having addon regions or airports.

Thanks for any info ,

Shane
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Sam Llorca

Hi Shane,
if your FTX launcher works,  there is no need to update the library,  on the new version 2.5 the launcher wasn't working.

Cheers,

shaneb

Thanks Sam . . . I left out an important part ( I  must be getting old and senile lol) . . I will be updating to 2.5 soon . . so when I update to 2.5 I will need to update the library . . correct?

Thanks,

Shane
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Sam Llorca

Correct!

It happens, been there! Lol.

Cheers!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate