Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 08:21:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
569 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 569
Total: 569

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Arduino Servo Help

Started by 727737Nut, October 09, 2015, 03:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

727737Nut

Hi all,
I took a video showing the jerky servo movement I am getting with the Arduino Servo.h file.  This is even with a 2:1 reduction on the output of the servo! It's horrible.  Are you arduino users seeing this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cius1Nt90kU

Thanks
Rob
737 Junkie

RayS

Hmmm!

Are you using a gear system? A gear-up configuration would tend to amplify servo jitter.

I think here the better question is: What servo are you using? I ask because some of the cheaper ones are very low resolution. I wonder if using a higher resolution servo would take care of this...

Can you see the output you're sending to the servo? Does the output value follow the jerkiness, or are the  numbers smooth? If you have an initial value of 10, and you send the servo a 20, it won't smoothly progress from 10 to 20, it'll just jump.

Barring anything happening in your code, you might have to use a higher-resolution servo.

Ray Sotkiewicz

727737Nut

Hi Ray
I am using the Hitec 5 series servo which is 10bit 1023 position servo.  The data is smooth coming into the Teensy.  Maybe it's the NonlinearGauge.h i am using?  As you can see from the video, the scale has several different ranges on the face.  How could I use your method with the many different ranges?

If you get a chance, look at this interesting link, math is over my head here so any help appreciated.    http://letsmakerobots.com/node/31697

Rob
737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate