Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 09:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
550 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 550
Total: 550

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My sim now has business class!!

Started by Aerosim Solutions, February 24, 2016, 07:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerosim Solutions

I had a great score with a rack of Boeing 747 business class seats a few weeks ago for only AUD$200.00 (US$140) and they are now installed on a new platform which effectively extends the floor of the sim.
[smg id=1211]
The upholstery needs redoing but still a good buy I think
[smg id=1208]
The view from economy!!
[smg id=1209]
Installed on the new platform, I am going to raise them 50mm to improve forward view
[smg id=1210]
View from the left passenger seat

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

tennyson

Hey Gwyn,
Now the pooch can fly first class!

Frank

Wendy

Hi Gwyn,

Nice seats... just a tail section and of you go  8)

Regards, Wendy

Aerosim Solutions

Seat 1A is the Instructor Station with a 24" touchscreen mounted on a beautiful "Levitate" monitor arm. The "terminator's arm" was donated to our Worldflight crew by our team member and real 737NG Captain Damien who flys the 737-800NG for Virgin Australia. Damien is a regular speaker at our Worldflight training sessions and teaches our gang loads of stuff. He's quite blown away with VOZ738 and the accuracy of Prosim737, he regularly uses it for practice before his real sim checks. Now I can sit in the comfort of business class and set his engines on fire!!
[smg id=1212]
[smg id=1213]
Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Flying_Fox

Quote from: Aerosim Solutions on February 24, 2016, 07:00:00 PM
I had a great score with a rack of Boeing 747 business class seats a few weeks ago for only AUD$200.00 (US$140) and they are now installed on a new platform which effectively extends the floor of the sim.

Wow! $140!!! And no delivery charges? How did you do that?  :o
I wish I had space behind the sim for it.  :idiot:

Nick

737man

Do they have any more seats for sale?

jr2mey

Gwyn!  Awesome work and set up! Very nice indeed..
James

Aerosim Solutions

I started on the conversion of the seats to 12Vdc last weekend stripping out most of the Boeing wiring. When I removed the seat cushion and support structure beneath it I found two labels, one was riveted to the frame saying "747-400" with all the seat benches G load ratings and the other label said "Qantas First Class" so they are not business class after all. I tackled the reading lights first and these turned out to be fibre optical. The ends of the cables must have plugged into a light source which is long gone. I switched the Fibre Optic cable for a 12Vdc LED and the lights work well when powered. Each chair has 4 x 110v linear actuators for seat back tilt, footrest up/down, footrest extend in/out and adjustable lumbar support. My plan is to switch two of the 110v actuators in each seat with 12v units from Ebay. I will restore seat tilt and footrest up/down but not worry about the other two. I've fitted a 12vdc/5A power supply to the seat frame and will work out which actuators I need to buy next. It might be possible to change the motors on the existing actuators which are basically just screw jacks, that might be simpler. As usual, other people's sim parts have to take priority...

Garys

They are definitely business class seats. They lived in the B zone section in a 2 3 2 configuration. They got replaced by the dreamtime business class seats in the early 2000's. Its been many years since I worked on these guys but if I remember correctly in case of actuator failure you will have mechanical controls for the backrest and legrests underneath the pullout table tray.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Qantas/Boeing-747-438/0257980/L/&sid=c75d78a76484989e183d2a423e31b059

Aerosim Solutions

I stand corrected, business class it is then! They are very comfortable seats and yes the manual override levers still work. I've had a quote for re trimming today at AUD$750 so that will be happening in about 4 weeks time. Cheers Gwyn

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate