Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 01:10:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
560 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 698
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 560
Total: 560

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-300 tq help needed for panel removal

Started by kurt-olsson, March 25, 2016, 05:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Hello again :)

I am continuing with the cleaning and panel removing. Each item i remove, i fotograph and then put in a separate plastic bag with its belonging screws.

I am now stuck, since i cant remove the remaining panels.

The ones i am needimg help for is the "middle hard metal panel" and the "flap-biggest-panel".

I have some pictures of these items with my fingers pointing on them.

There is also a strange hidded screw on the "chk area". It must be something under the sticker, but i am to afraid to break something if pulling to hard.

quid246

The big middle "I" beam as I call it... once you take off the screws front and back, you kind of have to split the levers to get them out... if you want to protect the leavers somewhat, throw some blue/green painters tape on them.

As for the smaller trim level pieces with the T/O WARN CHECK AREA... I am pretty sure there is a screw under those... IIRC, there should be about 4 screws for these pieces.  So you might have to sacrifice the sticker if it doesn't peel back easily.

kurt-olsson

Quote from: quid246 on March 25, 2016, 05:46:11 AM
The big middle "I" beam as I call it... once you take off the screws front and back, you kind of have to split the levers to get them out... if you want to protect the leavers somewhat, throw some blue/green painters tape on them.

As for the smaller trim level pieces with the T/O WARN CHECK AREA... I am pretty sure there is a screw under those... IIRC, there should be about 4 screws for these pieces.  So you might have to sacrifice the sticker if it doesn't peel back easily.

Thank you very much. The sticker is in pretty bad shape so i hope i can order new ones online or reattach them later.

Ok, så i need to put lever 1 full and second idle to be able to get it out. Will try it!
Thanks.

kurt-olsson

Confirmed, it was a screw under the sticker.

quid246

Quote from: kurt-olsson on March 25, 2016, 06:19:50 AM
Ok, så i need to put lever 1 full and second idle to be able to get it out. Will try it!
Thanks.

I can't remember exactly, but you do have to split them and sort of weave that big metal piece up sideways and out.

Once you have that, if your cables are really old... you might want to consider replacing them and using a ball stop from Aircraft Spruce.

kurt-olsson

Quote from: quid246 on March 25, 2016, 08:14:09 AM
Quote from: kurt-olsson on March 25, 2016, 06:19:50 AM
Thanks.

I can't remember exactly, but you do have to split them and sort of weave that big metal piece up sideways and out.

Once you have that, if your cables are really old... you might want to consider replacing them and using a ball stop from Aircraft Spruce.

It worked quite easily once you separated the throttles. Thanks!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate