Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 01:06:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
559 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-300 tq cable identification

Started by kurt-olsson, March 25, 2016, 09:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

New topic new question.

I am making a new topic for each so others can search better if they need the info.

Ok, how can i identify which cables are ground, 5v, 28v or switch cable etc?
I will use a voltmeter to test the cable, but i guess i need to know what cable does what on the switches?

FredK

The only power that will be running through the existing wiring will be for the light plates....I think I have mine running on 5 volts. Your 12 and 5 volt power needed to drive your motors and to power your interface board will be wired independently of any existing TQ wiring.

So regarding the wiring all you need to do is to identify the wire leads to the TOGA and AT switches in the throttle levers and for the fuel cutoff switches and for the trim cutoff switches if you want to use them.  You will need to attach those to your interface board. Then remove all other wiring to facilitate open working space.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

kurt-olsson

Thanks!
I forgot about that aspect, my dc motors will have 12v and light 5v from my supply, so i hope i can remove lots of cables!The takeoff config warning i dont think i will need since this check will be done in x-plane depending on throttle position.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate