Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 06:34:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
554 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 554
Total: 555

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-300 tq trim cutoff, a/t disconn, togo switches help

Started by kurt-olsson, March 28, 2016, 08:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

I have stripped and moved the cables not needed and now i have to identify some buttons and switches.

My problem is that i have to know which cables are ground to be able to measure on the other cables to see if anything happens when pressed.

How do you go about to identify the cables when it looks like this?

727737Nut

Hi,
Ok, not to be rude or anything but the first thing you need to accomplish these goals are basic electronics knowledge, how to use a DVM, and how your interface works. 

There are no 'grounds' as you call it in a switch.  It is just a contact that is either made or not.   A simple dvm will tell you which wires are connected to which terminal by doing a continuity test. 

Which wire you hook to the 'gnd' side of your interface makes no difference except whether it is considered normally open or normally closed switch.   

This is all very basic stuff that you need to know first before taking on a project like this.  I am glad to help as I have worked on a few TQ's in my time but I think it should be about how to remove a part or what parts work well for interfacing to the flightsim.   

By learning about the basics, it will give you a good foundation to use advice given to you by others.

Rob
737 Junkie

kurt-olsson

Hi your not rude at all. Your post kind of solved "the last puzzle" i messed up with thinking of the "dedicated ground" but it is actually just to check for the connected circuit depending on the state of the buttons. My volmeter is ready to go!

My skills are not very good, but this is the first OEM part for me and this will be the most advanced electrical wise. Other panels and electric components you buy are easier to work with.

Think i can sort this out now.

By the way, going 737-200 way with your analog gauges is another level that reauires skills! :)

727737Nut

Glad you see it for what was intended and thank you for the kind words.  :)

Rob
737 Junkie

kurt-olsson

Talk about nailing it Rob!!! After your explanation everything is crystal clear.
Cables cut and identified! :)

The other switches should be no problem as well! :)

727737Nut

737 Junkie

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate