Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 05:07:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
558 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 588
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 558
Total: 558

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737-300 Motors and slip-clutch Just confirm before buy.

Started by kurt-olsson, March 29, 2016, 04:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt-olsson

Time to order some motors and clutches for my throttle.
This will be my next big thing on this item and it will take alot of time before i mount a setup that will work.

But i think i have made up my mind on my parts for the motors and clutch.

What do you think of this?

Motors: 2x
http://www.electrokit.com/en/dcmotor-with-gearbox-612vdc-200-1-15rpm.51559

Think they have the right speed (max speed, will be modified in the software later) and torque and drives from 12V with 6mm shaft.

Slip Clutch: 2x
http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/184121/Mentor-716-Safety-Slip-Coupling

Have configurable tension to it and will fit the 6mm shaft.

mickc

If you want it to feel realistic, I would go with a stronger clutch.  Those are quite weak compared to the feel of the real thing.

I used Huco 6 plate clutches, and after calibration, they have the same resistance as the real throttle.  They will last a lot longer too.
These do have 8mm bores, but 6mm  to 8mm adaptors are easy to find.

Motors should be fine.  Have you thought about interfacing and motor drivers?

kurt-olsson

i was also a little sceptic about the slip-clutch. I think this peace is really important to get the reel "feel" as you say. needs to be strong and easy to calibrate. But they are really cheap, so i might order a pair so i can start testing.

I will search around for some alternatives. The motors i think i will order today with some mounting brackets.

Driving the Motors will be the easiest part. I will be using a Teensy with an H-Bridge and then use normal PWM in combination with string pot sensors. I will write the code myself. I will be mapping it with some X-plane ref for "A/T" set position values.
I will also check if the movement on the string pot is higher > MAX_AT_SPEED. If so, i will disconnect the A/T as if someone manually yanked the throttles.

If i knew the conversion would be this much fun i would have ordered it years ago!

With the info i have now, i will probably also go for real OEM yokes and give control-loading a try also with sprockets and chains! =)

Also need to go to my local store to get some wires and sprockets for the throttles. =)

kurt-olsson

By the way, have you felt the real throttles? Maybe if i get the same clutch as you, you can give me the info on how much tension you have on your clutch? that way i would be sure that i have the right settings.  Do you have a link to those clutches?

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate