Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 09:52:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
559 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 595
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Worldflight Perth Crew news

Started by Aerosim Solutions, November 15, 2017, 05:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerosim Solutions

Wow, that has to be the best one yet, the combined crews of VOZ738 and GTI1471 smashed our 7k target achieving the sum of AUD$8,322.55 for the Royal Flying Doctor Service, Western Australian sector! With the webpage open for another 4 weeks it might even creep up a little further. My crew of nine made sure VOZ738 flew every sector and the sim performed really well. We had issues from the start with the FOs Prosim displays freezing about every 20 minutes, this was a pain but we managed to solve it on day three. One of our guys noticed the PC clock was losing time, a known fault on Azus Z87 motherboards, it happened on the other two PCs before. The fix is a motherboard BIOS update, quite scary to do in the middle of Worldflight but we went ahead with it and it fixed the clock and Prosim display issue. We also got the auto park brake working again, depressing both pedals in either seat disconnects the parking brake with nice clunk from the solenoid! I am fortunate to have some Perth's best sim PC brains in my crew who always jump to work as soon as VOZ throws up another challenge, thanks boys! Most of our 737 team went over to visit our brothers in "Brown Town" to fly the Jumbo as Greg didn't have a full crew unfortunately. Giant1471 is great to fly and really does feel like a big beast after flying the baby Boeing. Greg also hosted our post WF party with the two crews gathering to tackle the last of the beers, have a great feed and swap stories. It was a top night and thanks Luke for getting Captain Gwyn home in his drunken state!
Well done to all teams everywhere, VOZ738 will be back next year for her fifth lap of the globe and no doubt the Giant will be along side us too! All the best, Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Trevor Hale

Great News Gwyn,

That is fantastic to hear.  Glad you have it sorted out.  We have a similar issue with a PC not completely shutting down.  I think it is bios related as well, but didn't want to mess with that during WF.  We will have to have a look at it next year.

Thanks for your support, and another successful worldflight to all the teams..

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate