Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:35:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
134 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 165
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 134
Total: 135

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

98% done. Still need to put the handle on the FO side door along with the door stop/latch at the bottom edge.

Then it is on to mounting the new MIC and CLOCK buttons on the glareshield.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

great design !
Is your fire extinguisher Halotron type ?

Jack

navymustang

Ha - the fire extinguisher was one laying around the garage that fit   :)

I have no idea what it is.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

Halon, (still allowed on commercial airplanes) is now banned
Halotron has taken over.
Not a bad idea to have one in the cockpit as it spays a gas, versus powder  (or even worse water) which do not create an horrible mess in electronics.
$50-80 on Ebay, worth the investment.(IMHO)

Jack

navymustang

The garage itself does Halon units in several places. The extinguisher on the back wall is for demonstration purposes only. 

_alioth_

This weekend I have been mounting the thottle quadrant for my a2a comanche simpit.
The levers come from and a real aircraft. Some 3d printing to fix pots and support to join the cockpit.

Here is a vid with some testing of the levers and some other things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl-fdAYiQpU&feature=youtu.be

Arturo.

Atomic_Sheep

Opened the door today and found some more switches :).

Jason L

Assembled this bad boy in my basement this weekend!!

Steenos

mickc

blueskydriver

Holy smokes Jason, you got that up fast!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Well done Jason, you got the best deal !
You have a nice space to work in... congrats.
Jack

Jack

Bob Reed

I did a stream for the first time in over a week. Lots of "tweaking" to do after the .42 upgrade. I had one stutter on approach that I need to look into but other then that the flight was great! Scenery looks better then ever and the frame rates where good!

blueskydriver

Thanks for posting the updates guys and I ask everyone to keep doing so, as it really encourages us all...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Jack

Atomic_Sheep

Went to the post office today to collect this. About half the toggle switches have now arrived.

Joe Lavery

I've just completed the mechanics for my first set of new pedals, based on a design I found on the ProSim forum created by NAX (Geir).

This is one of the simplest designs I've seen, yet is very strong and quite rigid. I still have to make the cover but that should be pretty straightforward.
Geir has put a video of his version on YouTube, if anyone wants to see the link is below.

https://youtu.be/Wc-xTZuM884

Joe
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

jackpilot

Jack

navymustang

727737Nut

Hi All,
What an amazing last 8 days. I had the pleasure of hosting a sim build week at my house, Jorg from Brazil and Tom from Texas were here helping me on the 733 Sim. Scott couldn't make it, something about being stuck on a warm sandy beach. :huh:   ::)
At one point all of us were on our laptops coding different parts of the sim.  So much added and or improved and special thanks to the aforementioned gentlemen for helping me in this endeavor.
I'll touch on the highlights,
Assembled Arinc 429 interface,  4 RX ch and 2 TX ch Teensy controlled and software and design by Jorg
Does low and High speed arinc

Got the real MCP in and fully functioning.

Got the TCAS display fully working

Got Resolution Advisory on VSI working

Got FD bars on ADI working with ixeg

Lnav crosstrack error now displays on CDI inside HSI

and many other smaller but no less important improvements in code and wiring.

Fun times!
737 Junkie

blueskydriver

Cockpit Building PhD Class there Rob! You guys are doing unbelievable work, way beyond even my OCD'isms... Thank you for sharing all of this fun!

John

RayS

...not a damned thing, other than try to figure out why, when flying on PilotEdge, my frame rates drop to 5 when inbound to KSBA after being handed off to LA Center.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Aerosim Solutions

I spent about seven hours stripping the remaining wiring from a full set of OEM 737 circuit breaker panels which reduced their weight by about half. They are dated 1990 and came with 28 years worth of dust and grime. Next will be the restoration of the panels, new paint and labels. They are in reasonable condition already but I think an overhaul is due...
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

bindook

Finally started stripping the sim for rebuild.

New panels and rewiring was long overdue.

Michael
FSX, Jeehell, Fly-Elise

blueskydriver

Looking at what everyone is doing on a daily basis in this thread is so encouraging, it has made me more focused on what I want to do. Instead of 3 cockpits, going back to 1 and I'll be happy.

Plus, things have changed so much over the years that the hardware, software and interfacing is a lot easier. All of you posting are showing this...

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate