Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:32:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
78 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 96
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfuenmayor

I have not visited the site in some time, so I just found out about Trev been a Grandpa. Contratulations !!

I finally got my sim fully flyable again after my whole overhead went dark. I was finally able to trace it to a faulty USB port !!. Then updating versions of ProSim, navdata and P3D V4.3. No to mention reprogramming the OVH. But all is well now. Never a dull moment in this hobby.

crazydunc

Repaired my OpenCockpits ADF Radio Head (damaged wires to and from the Encoder), just need to remember how to code it in SIOC.

I have it displaying Frequencies and swapping between on the Radio Head, just can't see the changes in Sim Avionics - any suggestions would be appreciated!

Next on my list is to strip the 737CL TQ and swap out a dodgy Pot!

Picture is from today on the way into Kai Tak.

Dunc
--<br />Dunc<br /><br />FDS 737NG

RayS

Been awhile, but we've been waiting for the final cabinet install, which completed on Monday.

Now the "move"... The old sim room I think is haunted because as I move things out of it into the new man-cave, the stuff keeps self-replicating. Need to do a purge I think of things that I may never use. (Until after the day I get rid of it!)

Ray Sotkiewicz

crazydunc

Finally got the New Seats installed. J-Rails and Adaptors via Gwyn and Leo, and Weber Seats from Nick @ APHS!

I have also gotten the ADF radio head working in SIOC which was fun, and installed my Pedestal Flood Light, and its 12v Dimmer! 

Will get some photos tomorrow!
--<br />Dunc<br /><br />FDS 737NG

bernard S

finslly got the 5 tonne unit ducted for front .. and started plimbing for rear

fsaviator

Whew...  both overheads are finally finished up, mounted and closed up!  This is actually the first time both have been completed and installed at the same time, throughout all three builds.  I had to run another cable from the pedestal up to the overhead as I had forgotten to rerun the pedestal flood line.  So happy I installed a cable runner under the floor and TQ.  Took a little bit of yoga to get to it but it worked.

That means all the lighting is installed and working, minus the dome light.  It should work but I'm converting it to LED.  I am very happy with the circuit breaker lighting I installed too.

Tomorrow is a bit of cleaning up in there and rerunning MIP pots for the MIP lighting and back-lighting as well as drop in the larger oxy mask boxes and hookup the map and spot pots.

Pics tomorow.

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

navymustang

I'm running Prosim on my 737 and was always happy with the IOS software provided by them. A few months ago I purchased FS-FlightControl IOS software which is tightly integrated to Prosim. Love it! Yesterday I acquired an Android tablet and installed the FS-FlightControl app on it so that I could have a fully portable tablet-based IOS. Excellent software package and I would invite others to take a look at it.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

blueskydriver

WOW! You guys are just doing things big time! Thanks for keeping this thread going  ;D

Uh, for my sim, I got 4 coats of shiney wax underneath it on the floor. Yeah, Karen asked me yesterday "is that floor wet?" since we've been getting lots of rain lately, thinking we had a roof leak. I was like "no, that's the wax..." She says "so, I guess the sim will have the sexy wet look all the time...lol!

Anyway, looking forward to the pics Warren...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Hey Bernard,

Glad to see you got the AC all setup, it'll be all nice and cool whenever I do come visit! I know that I keep saying that, but I will sometime before or after the first of the year... I am sure that's okay though, as it'll give you more time to work on it  :idiot:

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

mickc

I have been making progress building the overheads.   And by building, i mean actually building.
Sheet metal, clecos, solid riveting etc.

I'm using all new Dzus gear, and new Boeing parts like the Camloc fasteners in the bottom corners etc.

Still test fitting it all up, then disassemble to prime it all and start riveting it all

Could say its a "riveting" experience....  ???

Joe Lavery

Geeezzz Mick,

That's quite a job, do you work for Boeing  :o 8)
No seriously that's awesome work, I look forward to seeing how it all goes together.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

navymustang

I second the comments on such a great job. The level of detail requires such a commitment to the hobby. Great work !
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

blueskydriver

Hey Mick,

Ditto to what everyone is saying...AWESOME! Curious, what did you use the cut them out...plasma, laser cnc, water cutter? Whatever it was, all I can say is "are you going to start mass producing and selling them?" If so, mark me for the AFT Overhead  :idiot:

John

bernard S

mick    and i thought i was a lunatic 😉...

Nolatron

Finished up the overhead and got it in place and programmed over the weekend.  Hoping to get a first flight in with it soon.

Shaun

Atomic_Sheep

Quote from: mickc on September 23, 2018, 10:41:47 PM
I have been making progress building the overheads.   And by building, i mean actually building.
Sheet metal, clecos, solid riveting etc.

I'm using all new Dzus gear, and new Boeing parts like the Camloc fasteners in the bottom corners etc.

Still test fitting it all up, then disassemble to prime it all and start riveting it all

Could say its a "riveting" experience....  ???

Hi Mick,

How did you get the what appear to be perfectly square cutouts?

mickc

Quote from: blueskydriver on September 24, 2018, 08:03:28 AM
Hey Mick,

Ditto to what everyone is saying...AWESOME! Curious, what did you use the cut them out...plasma, laser cnc, water cutter? Whatever it was, all I can say is "are you going to start mass producing and selling them?" If so, mark me for the AFT Overhead  :idiot:

John

Cheers John and others

John these parts are cut with a CNC waterjet machine.  I have had stuff laser cut before and on the thinner 1/16" panels they can distort a little bit.

I had used the waterjet guys to cut some new instrument glass pieces, and very happy with the results.   It does cost more than laser cutting as it takes longer to cut, but there is much less clean up compared to laser cut aluminium.   The machine used to do this can cut up to 90mm thick mild steel or 125mm thick granite/stone.

Below is a shot of most of the parts before folding/countersinking etc. Not shown are all the doublers, support rails & brackets and the connector mounting plates.

As to your other question, I will start mass producing them around the 5th of Never  ;)   It has taken almost 2 years to get this far, the measurement and drawings took almost 12 months alone.

With all the new OEM parts, lightplates, Korrys, connectors etc, there is over 25k invested in the overheads, without any labour costs  :o   Not to mention i have a constant stream of instruments coming through the door for repair/sim conversion that drag me away from my own sim work enough  :D

Atomic_Sheep

Thanks Mick, bad news I guess, I was hoping to cut everything with my el cheapo CNC machine, but looks like that's unlikely to happen :(.

But looks like your work and investment is paying off, looks amazing.

archen

Wow mickc. That's absolutely stunning! Well done, I understand all the hard work behind these beautiful panels

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

------------
Anders Simparts
http://www.anderssimparts.com
https://www.facebook.com/ArchenSimparts
Selling "Hard-to-get" simparts like authentic Engine starters, Autobrake, IRS mode selectors and N1&SPD Ref Switches.
------------

jackpilot

I did some nice flights in the northern arctic  part of Canada.
Worth a try as nav can be tricky up there.

P3D +FTX Global and Vector provide a very nice scenery .
Runways are +/- 6000' and manageable for the 73.
Several legs are advisable as Montreal-Alert is a 6H00 flight

Montreal -- Kujujack -- Iqaluit -- Resolute...and last but not least...Alert, the most northern CAF base which was set up during the cold war to ''listen" to potential missiles from USSR. Base is still active and real close to the pole at  82°30'05" north.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alert,_Nunavut

Jack

blueskydriver

Hey Jack,

You should make some videos of your North Pole flights and any others really. A GoPro camera or two and you'd be all set... Plus, we all need to see more flying videos to encourage the building; hopefully, Trevor will be doing his live streaming again soon.

If you do some, don't worry about looking all professional, just put the camera a few feet behind the ped on a tripod and let it record. Set the GoPro on wideview and that's it.  :idiot:

John

RayS

The rudders are finally complete and installed, enabling the rest of the sim to be put back together. installed the rudders then moved on to the seat power controller last night.

(Why do some images display upside down? I wasn't that tired! ;-) )) 
Ray Sotkiewicz

jackpilot

Jack

blueskydriver

blueskydriver

To post or not to post is the question...

Famous quote there, but it works well for the "to post..." part. So, keep the posts coming...everyday I look forward to reading them!

John

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate