Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:51:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
105 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

EFIS Displays

Started by M4ketech, March 07, 2020, 10:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4ketech

Im been planning and planning new setup, but still im not 100% sure what aircraft cockpit i will target.

But now i did get new question on my head, EFIS Displays. After long research i did find couple ways to do these. Display + Control Card where is USB-plug. Other one is little more expensive but its direct HDMI input. I also did talk with display seller and they do have Display + Control Card where is Power + VGA input.

So what is best option?

What i can i did also found that going for Airbus cockpit:
The Display Units External dimensions are kept compliant with 7.25" x 7.25" casing, offering a 17% increased useful area (6.25" x 6.25"). So 7 inch ips lcd panel would work.

Trevor Hale

Morning,

Just watch the dimensions of widescreen lcd's  some are 6:9 and some are 6:10.  Most of us use Larger monitors behind the mip, and although there is lots of wasted monitor, most often they are cheaper then smaller exact fit options.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

M4ketech

Yeah, i know. But the price is okey and i more like having smaller panels with just couple cables. I know you can have the monitors behind tha panel. But lets say im building something different, with smaller gauges. So then i have more room behind the panel for main EFIS screen + all smaller gauges etc.

i know you can use USB touch screen for like FMC, but im not sure what is best option for all EFIS + possible smaller stuff, Display + Control Card USB-plug. Display with direct HDMI input. Display + Control Card VGA input.

I can image like using HDMI for everything, it would require more HDMI outputs.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate