Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 02:15:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
740 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 731
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 740
Total: 740

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

SimAvionics and FSX users... Re: B737-800

Started by HondaCop, September 14, 2010, 10:19:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HondaCop

Hi guys,

I'm going nuts in trying to determine which aircraft to use on my sim. I am using FSX and SimAvionics and need someone to help me out here, please. From the following list, which aircraft are you guys using:

1. FSX B737-800 default
2. FS9 PMDG B737-700
3. FSX Ariane B737-800
4. FSX Posky B737-800

Can anyone please tell me which one is the best to use for FSX/SimAvionics and if so, can you please share with me your SA aircraft cfg file? I really want to get this right, before continuing with my home cockpit.

Thanks!

dharrison

If you find out let the rest of us know!!! Scott for sure!

Don

Maurice

I wouldn't touch Ariane with a 10 foot pole for many reasons. I was using PMDG when my sim was still up but many others were doing very well with Posky. Tried it but still liked PMDG better. You can't lose by trying Posky first since it's free.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

HondaCop

Quote from: maurice on September 14, 2010, 03:01:04 PM
I wouldn't touch Ariane with a 10 foot pole for many reasons. I was using PMDG when my sim was still up but many others were doing very well with Posky. Tried it but still liked PMDG better. You can't lose by trying Posky first since it's free.

Maurice

Do you have a SA aircraft config file for the Posky one? SA only has aircraft cfg files for the default FSX 737 and the FS9 PMDG 737.

Maurice

Sorry but don't use SA yet. I was just talking about aircraft models in general. Perhaps you should contact FDS and someone should be able to help you there.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

Many of us have been waiting for this out of SA.......

I don't think they have provided a solid answer to anyone on this topic yet....though it has been asked many times.   The manual says to get from the download section but the only aircraft file I have ever seen there from day one is for the 777.    Nothing for the 737.

Scott

Kennair

Well considering for the 777, the old FS9 freeware Meljet model is recommended I would consider that for the 737 the "FS9 PMDG 737" would be a good option.  Unfortunately there are so many factors that come into play between the Sim-A config, the particular aircraft model file in use and FSX itself that its hard to put a finger on what exactly is out of whack.  Obviously we can't do much about FSX itself and the inherent limitations, so that leaves the last two.  Starting with a reasonably accurate model file to begin with is a good starting point (this also takes onto account some of the FSX limitations), hence the PMDG suggestion, then picking up all data concerning N1/N2/Fuel Flow/Autopilot parameters etc and putting them all together in the Sim-A config.  A rather daunting task unless you happen to be an aerospace engineer recently retired from Boeing  :laugh:  However even after all that each sim pit will most likely have a different feel and response so all that needs to be taken into account and tailored to suit.  There's just no getting around the fact that there has to be a lot of self tweaking on the part of each of us.  I intend to knuckle down and do this for the 777 version (eventually) so some of that may translate to the 737.  However unless you are real 737 pilot you may not know nor notice some of the errors.

Having said that it would be nice to get a concise manual out of Mark detailing all the parameters, afterall he must know them as he set them into code.

Just my 2c worth,

Ken.

PS.  Yes you can use the FS9 PMDG model in FSX, just not the panel or logic, but you don't need it, that's what Sim-A is for.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

ivar hestnes

I am using the default fsx 737-800, and use the appropriate aircraft file from the sim-a server. I have not changed any parameters yet, as I am happy with how the 737 acts now. It works really well in my opinion.  :)

Still excited about the NGX, when pmdg will be kind enough to release it....  ;)

XOrionFE

Ivar,

I haven't seen the aircraft file you are referring to.  When I go to the downloads section I only see the aircraft file for the Wilco 777.   Am I completely missing something here?  You say you downloaded the file from their server......where???   Can you post a link because I am at a loss.   

Scott

HondaCop

Quote from: XOrionFE on September 15, 2010, 04:52:22 AM
Ivar,

I haven't seen the aircraft file you are referring to.  When I go to the downloads section I only see the aircraft file for the Wilco 777.   Am I completely missing something here?  You say you downloaded the file from their server......where???   Can you post a link because I am at a loss.   

Scott

He might be referring to the aircraft file included with the SimAvionics suite, when installed. If not, then I also want to know where this file is at! lol

Jetcos

In the Sim A server on the top row is Aircraft Specific, Select Load Aircraft. A folder will appear. Select the aircraft you are going to use. IE FSX-Default-B737.cfg.

If you decide to "tweak" a file you can "Save AS Aircraft" and create your own for testing.

You would also use this to Load the Aircraft on intial setup.

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

ivar hestnes

XOrionFE

Ok, that is what we were using.  I thought their was a different one off the website you were referring to Ivar.   

Doesn't explain our problems but at least we know we are on the right file.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate