Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 13, 2024, 08:43:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
724 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 738
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 724
Total: 724

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My new seat rails

Started by XOrionFE, July 20, 2011, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

While I have been very busy this summer but finally managed to get a little more work done on the simulator and thanks to my good friend Tom on the west coast (aka. - Astron) I am now able to easily get in and out of the cockpit seats.   Tom made me some custom seat rails for the simulator for my weber seats to slide sideways away from the pedestal and allow room to get in and out.    I know this has been done before and there are a lot of options out there from various vendors but it is always nice to have each other to call on also and Tom with his waterjet and welding skills has really helped out with my project as well as helping a lot of others in the Learsim community as well.   Tom as you know has a full size FDS setup now also and made some rails for his also.  All I can say is they are perfect!   Here are some pics.

Enjoy,
Scott

dharrison

Looking forward to seeing these this weekend!!!

Don

B737-HH

But you can not use them for back and force?
Isn't this importand?
Jan

tkellogg

Jan,

Weber seats have a forward and aft adjustment built into the seats. The seat is bolted to the floor and doesn't move. It was not necessary to have a sideways motion as these seats were used when the pedestal was only a two bay. IPECO seats were also used in the 737 when the pedestal was a two bay, so they too did not need to move side to side. They rode on straight rails and moved forward and aft on the rails. It was only when the pedestal went to a 3 bay was it necessary to have the seats move side to side. This is when J rails became necessary to move the seats for and aft as well as side to side. I am no expert on this subject, but this is my understanding based upon what I have discovered when I purchased my latest seats for my sim. I had Webers and built a platform much like Scott's that I built myself out of wood. I bought a pair of IPECO 737-300 seats that did not include straight rails. I am presently looking at two different suppliers that build a platform that works with IPECO and Weber seats that creates the same travel path as JRails. They are expensive, but give the look and space that I need to get in and out of my sim.

jetpilot

fordgt40

Tom

Very interesting background info - thank you. I have a pair of early  Weber seats, but no info at all about them or their operational adjustment. Can anyone here help on this

Thanks

David

B737-HH

Tom, thanks for the Info!
This was new for me.

Jan

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate