Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 05:33:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
716 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 741
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 716
Total: 716

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Overhead Progress with Homemade Working Start Switches

Started by XOrionFE, August 28, 2011, 04:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Hey all,  here is a video of my progress building my overhead.  All panels are from Flightdecksolutions and the frame is real.   I worked really hard this weekend building working start switches which you will see how I did it in this video.   Sorry the video cuts off rather abruptly at the end.  there was a little more but cutoff because of YouTube limit.  The main stuff is there though.  I hope you enjoy it.  I can't take credit for the idea as I got it from another builder's start switch video and while different it is very similar approach.  Thank you to that fellow for coming up with original idea.

Scott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY5guZtlpKY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bob Reed

Very nice!! Love that switch idea and I do remember seeing that some time ago...

Maurice

Very nice & very clever Scott, but is that  just a smart way to procrastinate and not attack the wiring? I've used that method many times to avoid doing unpleasant more urgent tasks by choosing more pleasant but not crucial tasks  ;D

Nevertheless, if you have to procrastinate, that was a very smart way to do so  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Bob Reed

Quote from: maurice on August 28, 2011, 06:36:42 PM
Very nice & very clever Scott, but is that  just a smart way to procrastinate and not attack the wiring? I've used that method many times to avoid doing unpleasant more urgent tasks by choosing more pleasant but not crucial tasks  ;D

Nevertheless, if you have to procrastinate, that was a very smart way to do so  :)

Maurice

Maurice, you kill me...

XOrionFE

LOL Maurice ;D

You got me on that one.  I hate wiring!

Scott

fsaviator

Very nice Scott...  I think I have some extra servos laying around...
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

dharrison

Scott,

Looks great my friend. Just like invisioned. Look forward to seeing it in action!

Don

jetpilot

I do not know about the other gent Scott. The only thing I can say is that your skills are amazing and you have done a great Job. Looking forward to flight with you again soon.
Roberto

DaveC

Very nice Scott.  Great idea and nice workmanship.  I really appreciate your videos.  They have helped me alot in my project.

Dave C.

ETomlin

Very clever solution to an age-old problem. I realise you give credit to another builder, but you did a great job implementing the idea.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

XOrionFE

Thanks guys, glad you liked it and hopefully helps some others with more ideas.  Can't wait to get this thing in the pit and running.

Scott

NeoMorph

I suppose you could also use an Open Cockpits servo board an SIOC to control the servo. Great idea how you did it.
John AKA NeoMorph... Gamer, Simmer, AnythingToGetOutOfNormalLife...er

Project: ATR 72-500, Ruscool panels, OpenCockpits Electronics.
Currently Doing: Awaiting coloured acrylic for colouring rear lighting and working on final versions of overhead panel fixtures (Yay, finally!)

XOrionFE

That would work John.   I have phidgets servo card already for my TQ and have openings on it but SIOC and OC card would work great also.   SIOC is very powerful and I have enjoyed using it in the past.

Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate