Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:18:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
257 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 286
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 257
Total: 257

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Lear 45 build

Started by shaneb, October 18, 2009, 07:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaneb

I finished the conversion from 28v to 12v on the gooseneck maplights found on the interior side panels tonight.  One step closer to starting the assembly of the interior of the Lear shell.

White light . .

Red light . .

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

shaneb

I found a set of seats at APHS that will fit my Lear build.   I traveled to Chicago area Friday and picked them up and unfortunately did not have the time to meet up with Scott (Xorionfe) who lives close by .   Scott also got me hooked up with Nick at APHS . . Thanks again Scott!

The seats are IPECO and I think may be out of a 737 . . if anybody recognizes what they are out of let me know.  The seat cushions are 17 inches wide . . perfect for the Lear and the distance between seat rails center to center is 9.5 inches . . seat bases are a little narrower and once again a perfect fit for the Lear.

Scott . . you will appreciate this photo . . knowing first hand how tight the Lear cockpit is . .

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

XOrionFE

Wow, those look perfect Shane!  There will be some jealous folks over at the Hangar I'm sure!

Sorry we couldn't meet up.  I was going to take a ride over at noon but couldn't shake free.  Glad the seats worked out and you were able to get them.

Regards,
Scott

shaneb

Hey Scott,

Same here . . I reqlly wanted to see your sim and get a feel of the yokes/columns.  Good thing we went on though . . Between Indianapolis and Lexington KY driving was terrible 20 to 30 mph. I've been thru hard rains before but never continuos like these storms were . . put us about two hours behind schedule

Boeing Skunk Works

Those are almost definitely from a 737. They could have been from a retro-fitted 727, but it's doubtful. Nice seats!
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

MLeavy737

Im a little confused with that picture. Is that a picture with the seats coming off another sim or is that part of the real airplane there? Looks pretty tight there not to be on J-Rails.

Good looking seats though either way!! Nice find

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

ETomlin

Hey Mike

That's the raised floor section from Shane's LJ45 sim with the seats attached to it. All of us who have the Rollo shell kit for the  LJ45 have this rear raised floor section, and that's what you are seeing with the center pedestal on it.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

shaneb

As Eric stated that is a floor section that is removable from the Lear project . . I had it outside of the shell as it is easier (more accessible) to work on.  I had set the seats in place on the floor section and then set the center pedestal in place to show how close the seats sit to the pedestal in the Lear.  In the photos you can see the floor carpeting hanging over the sides of the floor section . . that carpet actually lays up along the sidewall of the cockpit . . kinda gives you an idea of how tight the cockpit really is . . I cannot gain weight or I won't fit!   Thanks for the comments guys . . I thought the seats were 737 . . but not sure, I figured somebody could identify them.

MLeavy737

Ahh i see, my bad.. Guess i didnt read back far enough! Yeah they definately look 737/727 to me, and in good shape!

I remember flying Lears and your right on the tight fit.. Hardest part of flying that thing was getting into it without breaking stuff! I remember a few new FO's stomping on some fuel switches :)

Mike Leavy

shaneb

Hi Mike,

Yeah that is one of my concerns . . getting in and out without breaking parts.  I've thought about fabricating some type of shield that will set in place on top of the pedestal while entering / exiting.  It could be removed and stowed behind one of the seats . . if there is room while using the sim.  Hate to do all this work then break something first thing.  It would be easily done even if being careful entering and exiting.   

shaneb

Seats installed . . .

MLeavy737

Sweet! I love the stained wood on the outside as you enter the deck.. Just like the real ones :)

As far as breaking stuff getting in i think some type of cover is a good idea. I would mostly be concerned with others getting in and out!

Hope i get an invite when that thing is flyable! Really looks cool.. I kinda miss flying those things.

Mike Leavy

shaneb

ahh,  you noticed the "simulated" stained wood.  I had thought about painting this section white like the rest of the shell, but I opted for the stained look.  At some point I am considering adding a few of the details that you would see in this area such as the exit sign etc.    Maybe when I have it all together you can give me some flight instruction on the Lear.     :idiot:

Boeing Skunk Works

I remember sitting in the 35's many times when I used to gas them up for US Check at the FBO while in college. Man it's tough to step over everything while not stepping on everything to into the chair. You're more or less wearing that plane when you get seated.

I think there's more room in a 182.

Nice bulkhead!

MLeavy737

We used to have a nice name plate holder we would slide our engraved gold name plates into on the left (captain) side of that stained bulkhead.. Kinda a nice touch, or something else to add there. There may have been a magazine rack on the FO side as well. O and maybe you could print out or recreate an airworthiness certificate to put there as well behind some framed glass. I think that was on the low Captain side? not sure.

Mike Leavy

Bob Reed

Man Shane.. This is looking great. Starting to get close! Are you feeling the urge to fly it??!!  :D Silly question huh? Nice job!

shaneb

Thanks guys for the comments . . .  I do have the certificate holder, just not mounted yet.  It mounts above the back of captain's seat.  I have a photo of it somewhere earlier in this post I think.    Bob . . I was sitting in the shell last night getting a feel of how it will be . . had this urge to make engine sounds but didn't have any throttles to move yet!   ;D       Getting closer. . .

XOrionFE

Wow they look perfect in there Shane.    Just like the real thing I must say!

Scott

shaneb

I received my TQ back from a buddy of mine (Ron Rollo) who built them up for me . . I picked up these real TQ, spoiler and flap levers over a year ago and now they are ready to install.  The spoiler lever is not shown as I will need to do a little modification to it so it will fit the real TQ light plate . . I know you are wondering why won't the real spoiler lever fit the real TQ plate . . well the TQ pedestal side panels are thicker than the real ones leaving less space to work everything in so the spoiler lever needs to be moved a little.

Boeing Skunk Works

Looks good, and a great color match between the lever knobs and the housing plates.

jackpilot

From experience I know that you have been sitting there, moving the levers slowly forward while making engine noises!!!!
Great TQ Shane.

Jack

XOrionFE

Looks awesome Shane.

For comparison guys here is a picture I took in an actual Lear 45 at my local airport.     Shane is spot on.

Regards,
Scott

shaneb

Hi guys,

I finished up a little tweaking on the spoiler lever and parking brake handle assembly so that they will work with the real Lear 45 TQ lightplate that I found.  I still need to paint the parking brake handle red and apply the lettering . . always a little more work to do .  Update . . painted the parking brake still need lettering.

MLeavy737

shaneb

Finished up a few small details . .  applied the lettering to the parking brake handle and I located a real SELCAL panel for my project.  I will need to paint the SELCAL panel the correct color . . but in the meantime it fills space on the pedestal. 

Hey Jack,   

I missed your earlier post somehow . . . yep I have made engine noises since installing the throttles . . don't know if it is authentic Lear 45 sounds . .      ::)

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate