Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 03:16:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
719 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 741
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 719
Total: 719

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Need Help - Ribbon cable

Started by XOrionFE, April 18, 2012, 07:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

Hey all,

I need some help.  I need to connect a Flight Illusion flap guage on the mip to the GSA-55 controller that is located in the overhead area.  This requires about a 6 foot length of ribbon cable and connectors.  It is 10 conductors in this.

I tried a while back reaching out to Mark at Flight Illusions to find out first if this length was supported and second if he had a cable but alas....he never responded....

So I am stuck.  Has anyone using Flight Illusion used this length before and also does anyone have cable and connectors.   I cant seem to find a good source....

Thanks,
Scott

Bob Reed

I will have to look Scott but I think I have some 10 conductor stuff. I will look when I get home.

Trevor Hale

I know for a fact Scott, that he is stingy on his ribbon Cable.  My Standby Instruments were very tight with the cable LOL.  Any cable will work.  I would imagine it is a serial type protocol he uses and that being said should be good for up to 50'

If you get a standard 10 conductor ribbon cable with ends, you should be good to go if Bob can;t locate any for you.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

thanks guys.    If you have it Bob let me know.  I need about 6 feet and I need the ends.    I found the ends at mouser but seems silly to just order 2 of them and their cable is like $40 for 100 ft but that is smallest I can get so would be awesome if you have some.

Thanks,
Scott

Bob Reed

I have a bunch of it and I think 10 connector is one of the ones I have. Ends too if I have the cable.

XOrionFE

Jetcos

I have done what you are planning and it works. On the webpage for FI it talks about having a separate GSA-55 but I just make a longer cable.

Also have seen a few bad crimps in the supplied ribbon cable after exhaustive checking of why a gauge doesn't work.

Have fun!
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

XOrionFE

Thanks for that confirmation Steve.   I really didn't want to add another GSA-55 either so glad to hear it works.

Scott

Bob Reed

Just a heads up Scott. I found the ends but I can not find the cable. Too many boxes I guess. I will find it at some point but I do not want to hold you up.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate