Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 03:31:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
689 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 689
Total: 689

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Engine spooling sound issue - Need ideas

Started by XOrionFE, May 30, 2013, 12:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

When running in FSX I am having an issue that when I start the first engine in the 737 (either side) I get very little sound of the start if any.   Then when I start the second I get the full sound and at a much higher and normal volume.   Any ideas.     PMDG NGX sounds folder copied into Jetstream Flight model.

Scott

Garys

Hi Scott,

Instead of copying the sound folder into the Jetstream, try using the Alias= (where ever your PMDG sound folder is located)  If your not sure what I mean look at the 747 aircraft sound folder in FSX as it uses the default 737 sounds and will point to the default 737 folder via the alias=

Gary

tennyson

I was led to believe this would not work using the NGX. From what I have read, PMDG have named their sound files differently.

There is a manufactured sound pack that is freely available over at the ProSim site.
It does not have that lovely spool up sound that the PMDG folks have so faithfully recorded, but it is better than the original sounds.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and if so, please let us know how to do it, I'd love to have the PMDG sound set in my Jetstream set-up,

Frank Cooper

Maurice

I think this is a generic FSX problem and making an alias as Gary suggested does not seem to help (for me anyway).

The spooling sound starts ok and as N2 gets close to 20%, the sound volume really drops and then the sound comes up again after you start the second engine. It has always been like that for me no matter what plane model I used.

Would be nice to find a way to fix that but it certainly isn't that big a problem compared to all the other FSX idiosyncrasies  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

XOrionFE

Quote from: Maurice on May 30, 2013, 03:19:04 PM
I think this is a generic FSX problem and making an alias as Gary suggested does not seem to help (for me anyway).

The spooling sound starts ok and as N2 gets close to 20%, the sound volume really drops and then the sound comes up again after you start the second engine. It has always been like that for me no matter what plane model I used.

Would be nice to find a way to fix that but it certainly isn't that big a problem compared to all the other FSX idiosyncrasies  ;D

Maurice
[/qoute]

Well I am at least glad to know I am not alone in this experience.  Once both are running the sound is great but on the first start it sucks.   Will try the above mentioned suggestions.   I also have Audio environment Extreme and when I load that I get the same issue so I don't think it is isolated to the pmdg sounds.  Anyway, I will try the alias.

Thank you

sluyt050

Quote from: XOrionFE on May 30, 2013, 12:12:22 PM
When running in FSX I am having an issue that when I start the first engine in the 737 (either side) I get very little sound of the start if any.   Then when I start the second I get the full sound and at a much higher and normal volume.   Any ideas.     PMDG NGX sounds folder copied into Jetstream Flight model.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I just started to explore ProSim and maybe I found a reasonable workable solution for the engines start-up using PMDG NGX sounds. I made 4 add-on sound entries in ProSim (2 for each engine) based on PMDG sound files 'a' and 'c'. The first is triggered by the solenoid start-up switch and the latter by the Engine Start Lever: Idle position. See attached screen prints. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Edward

carlos hermida

Quote from: sluyt050 on June 02, 2013, 01:06:08 PM
Quote from: XOrionFE on May 30, 2013, 12:12:22 PM

Scott

Hi Scott,

I just started to explore ProSim and maybe I found a reasonable workable solution for the engines start-up using PMDG NGX sounds. I made 4 add-on sound entries in ProSim (2 for each engine) based on PMDG sound files 'a' and 'c'. The first is triggered by the solenoid start-up switch and the latter by the Engine Start Lever: Idle position. See attached screen prints. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Nice idea Edward,  I will try it this week on my sim !

Thanks to share it !

sluyt050

I managed to improve on engine spooling sound. With the PMDG 737NGX the sequence per engine is:  EngineStart*a.wav (triggered by an OVH Solenoid) immediately followed by EngineStart*b played in a loop until the engine start lever is operated after which EngineStart*c.wav is played. Since ProSim cannot automatically play sound 'b' after ending of sound 'a' (to my knowledge), I appended sound 'b' to sound 'a' for about 10 times (~ 1 min.). I called the new file: EngineStart*ab.wav. So now there is plenty of time to operate the engine start lever (button 6 or 7 for me) before sound 'ab' is ended: so no unexpected silence anymore. As soon as sound 'c' starts playing sound 'ab' is stopped as you can see from the attached print screen.

I would appreciate to hear your experience with this (Scott, Carlos).
Edward

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate